GamesCom 2012 conclusion?

Maybe you need some daily reporter ?

I can give a hand if i still have no "real" work. I'm still pretty good a moving slowly the OP while talking, hypnotizing the future customer.

im gonna see if i can get some time off work to go to this.2 days would be enough for me id say.Any of you other guys going besides ed obviously.Pandora meet up?

>^^^^^i see.does he need help this time cos we could lend a hand.Would be nice if i had my 1ghz pandy to take with me too.

I will be there on the 14th/15th, too, helping and enjoying the gamescom :)

Sounds excellent, it'll be my first time going to Gamescom this year and I had no idea there was a retro section - I'm sure me and a friend of mine will be super excited with all the arcade cabinets. He's a huge Nintendo fan and is very disappointed they're not attending this year, so a bunch of retro games to play will cheer him up I'm sure. Awesome to see that the Pandora will be there too! I will definately pop down and say hello :) . I'll even bring my Pandora with me, although it's an older unit suffering from a faulty LCD cable. There's no chance I could leave my Pandora and address with you and you could repair it and post it back to me when you have time after the show?

Last edited by a moderator:
^

If only the LCD cable is broken it's no problem for me to fix tis. I've 4 weeks rebirth experience.

Maybe I'll remember to take one with me from ED and I could repair your unit right there. There are so many who visit us. It's no problem if I'm out for 5-10 minutes :) .

That's such a kind offer from you, thanks so much! The LCD cable is the main problem, yes. I posted it to Germany back in March but the delivery man was lazy and didn't leave ED a note saying he was out when it was delivered. So it sat in a post office for 2 weeks and then got shipped back :( . I haven't been able to afford posting it since. I was thinking of posting it when I was IN Germany as it'd be cheaper and I was going anyway, this just works out even better!

The thing is my nubs seem to act a bit weird sometimes too. I'm not sure if it's a calibration issue in software or if something's wrong with hardware, but occasionally they seem to barely register and using the re-calibration tools don't change it. So if possible I was wondering if they could be taken a look at. I understand that's a lot to do at a convention like Gamescom where you'll be showing lots of people the demo units you have, so I really don't mind leaving it in Germany if I have to and getting it back in the post sometime. My friend sent his back with the LCD issue around the same time as me and his Pandora got a full once over - I'd love to have that too just in case there are any other problems with my unit.

Again thanks so much though. If nothing seems wrong with the nubs I'll happily have it repaired while you're at Gamescom! I just feel as if I'm demanding too much when you guys will be very busy.

Oh man thank you so, so much! I can't wait now xD I've missed having my Pandora working. Not sure what day I'll come. I'll be there for all the days open to the public. I'll try to come down on the 16th but as I'll be going around all the games then I might wait till the next day.

Wish I could come to this...just priced up tickets for the wife and me...bit over budget really.

Is there much else to see in Cologne? Yunno, intereresting tourest type places?

I could turn it into a long weekend :)

Wish I could come to this...just priced up tickets for the wife and me...bit over budget really.

Is there much else to see in Cologne? Yunno, intereresting tourest type places?

I could turn it into a long weekend :)

Funny question, where do you come from?

Cologne is certainly one of the most interesting towns in Europe if not worldwide.

IIRC the "Kölner Dom" is the biggest gothic cathedral worldwide, "Museum Ludwig" is an outstanding museum for contemporary arts and the "Römisch-Germanisches Museum" features the roman/germanic history of the former roman founding Cologne. Furthermore Cologne is great to take a shopping tour or walk along the Rhine (europe's biggest river) which flows right by the cathedral.

Maybe you should take a long break for Cologne.

I will be there on the 15th (press day) and 19th (Sunday), I might also lurk in between, but I am not sure about that yet.

Hope to meet some people there.

Im good to go.bought a season ticket. I will help out at the pandora section.Bet people will love the 1ghz pandys. How many of you guys are helping ed?

Hi ed I bought a season ticket for the 4 days of gamescom. As per your e-mail Id like to help out with you guys. :) It should be fun and I can meet fred in the flesh.

Remember, if you have a Pandora, bring it to the con and rub it against ED for good luck.

Back