Gamestm '100 Greatest Games'

Kung Fu Master is better than rainbow islands?

i dont think so

lol kung fu fighter pisses over chrono trigger!!!!

The best game is simply ELITE.

If more console owners had played it or had the chance to play it it would win any vote hands down.

Games like ELITE, SWOS and Geoff Crammonds F1GP are the sort of games that only come along once in a generation. They literally define a genre and are quite simply the pinacle of their field.

BaDToaD posted on Apr 9 2006 at 01:57 PM said:

If more console owners had played it or had the chance to play it it would win any vote hands down.

Games like ELITE, SWOS and Geoff Crammonds F1GP are the sort of games that only come along once in a generation. They literally define a genre and are quite simply the pinacle of their field.

True. Elite will never be beaten. I think that anyone who 'got it' will say this.

Last edited by a moderator:
lubidog posted on Apr 9 2006 at 05:40 PM said:
BaDToaD posted on Apr 9 2006 at 01:57 PM said:

True. Elite will never be beaten. I think that anyone who 'got it' will say this.
I have it on Amiga. I just don't UNDERSTAND it.

moz posted on Apr 8 2006 at 09:21 PM said:
Kung Fu Master is better than rainbow islands?

i dont think so

lol kung fu fighter pisses over chrono trigger!!!!

I`m definitely incline to agree with your rainbow islands comment. :D

Trooper

Goity posted on Apr 9 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
lubidog posted on Apr 9 2006 at 05:40 PM said:
I have it on Amiga. I just don't UNDERSTAND it.

Go here. Read the Dark Wheel novella. It really will help you get into the game. Then tackle the manual. It's for the older 8 bit version but should give a bright lad like you all you need to get started unless you can find the Amiga version online somewhere.

And it's worth it. This is one game that is still great regardless of nostalgia.

The Full List

100-51

100. Chuckie Egg
99. Bomb Jack
98. Vib Ribbon
97. Last Ninja 2
96. Perfect Dark
95. Pac Man
94. Stunt Car Racer
93. Resident Evil
92. Wave Race 64
91. Fire Pro Wrestling D
90. Pirates!
89. Vandal Hearts
88. Crazy Taxi
87. Defender
86. Atic Atac
85. Guardian Heroes
84. Skool Daze
83. DoDonPachi
82. Ridge Racer
81. Pokemon Red/Blue
80. Knight Lore
79. Uridium
78. Streets of Rage
77. Donkey Kong Country
76. Shinobi
75. Jet Set Willy
74. Link's Awakening
73. Turrican
72. F-Zero
71. Final Fight
70. Final Fantasy Tactics
69. Chrono Trigger
68. Asteroids
67. Boulderdash
66. Super Castlevania IV
65. Frontier - Elite 2
64. Space Harrier
63. Rainbow Islands
62. Kung Fu Master
61. Phantasy Star Online
60. Wonderboy III - Monster's Lair/Dragon's Trap
59. Final Fantasy VI
58. Jet Set Radio
57. Street Fighter 3
56. Head Over Heels
55. StarCraft
54. Sensible Soccer
53. Space Invaders
52. Zelda: Majora's Mask
51. Sonic the Hedgehog

50-1
50. Sega Rally
49. Tomb Raider
48. Double Dragon
47. Civilisation
46. Sonic & Knuckles
45. Secret of Monkey Island 2
44. Chaos
43. Cannon Fodder
42. The New Zealand Story
41. Lemmings
40. Paradroid
39. Robotron
38. Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
37. Gunstar Heroes
36. Metal Slug
35. Tempest 2000
34. Daytona USA
33. Yoshi's Island
32. Dungeon Master
31. Gradius aka Nemesis
30. Panzer Dragoon Saga
29. Manic Miner
28. The Secret of Monkey Island
27. R-Type
26. Out Run
25. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
24. Sensible World of Soccer
23. Super Mario Brothers 3
22. Half Life
21. Metal Gear Solid
20. Turrican 2
19. Doom
18. Streets of Rage 2
17. Tetris
16. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
15. Street Fighter II Turbo
14. Shenmue
13. The Secret of Mana
12. NiGHTs Into Dreams
11. Elite
10. Super Metroid
9. Bubble Bobble
8. Street Fighter II
7. Super Mario 64
6. Goldeneye
5. Final Fantasy VII
4. Zelda: A Link to the Past
3. Super Mario World
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
1. Super Mario Kart

list found here

Well, I wouldn't go as far as calling it a joke; there are plenty of great games in there, even if they're not in exactly the order you'd like them.

Personally I'd put Mark of the Wolves, Pro Evo and ICO in there somewhere, although I guess this is more of a retro poll so maybe newer titles aren't allowed. Could explain the lack of a Halo game...not that I'd vote for it personally, but still kinda surprising given the game's reputation.

Gah! That list is missing all of the Sierra classics such as Space Quest and.... err... hmm..
It's also missing such modern classics as Mafia (one of my favourite games of all time. It kicks Godfathers fake italian ass) and 3DSexvilla.

The New Zealand Story is a decent enough game, but there is no way it should be in the top 100 games.

On a side note, it's interesting that 8 or the top 10 games are from nintendo consoles and another one is from a series that originated on a nintendo machine.

I can only say that Chrono Trigger got gypped. It was one of the few SNES RPGs that is still just as playable as any 3D RPG out there.

FFVII is good, but overrated.

Then again, there is plenty I can agree with on that list, so heh.

I've just realised that not one of the quake games is represented in the top 100. That is just criminal.

Quake was the first full 3D FPS and an absolute classic. Quake II was more of the same but better presented and Quake III was/is an awesome online experience.

Quake IV, well ok there had to be a duffer. At least it looks pretty.

i could never populate my own list, there's to many games i like i would be in constant conflict. And i rarely comment on these list because 1. i've haven't played a lot of these games and 2. i don't agree with 90% of the list. I like how GameFaqs did it last year when they had the greatest game of all time battle where people voted for their favorite game and it was in bracket format.

I'm shocked that the best FF game ever didn't make the list, FFVIII. And I agree with Quake, its shocking and apauling to me that it was not on the list.

Back