GB/GBC emulation

Kumaki

I can't make GnGb work out. It will load the game and then nothing. Won't let me PLAY them!! It just sits on the game's intro screen forever.

Is GnuBoy any better?

Or am I doing something wrong with GNGB??

I found out yesterday that Gambatte not only manages to run Wendy - Every witch way and Shantae, but also Mario Tennis, which none of those I've tried before did. My votes are entirely on Gambatte. Slightly fiddly interface, but once you get the settings right it is unparallelled.

Your problem with GnGB, on the other hand, is quite probably because the controls are not properly pandoraified. It is not impossible that the start button is mapped to [enter] or something like that.

I found out yesterday that Gambatte not only manages to run Wendy - Every witch way and Shantae, but also Mario Tennis, which none of those I've tried before did. My votes are entirely on Gambatte. Slightly fiddly interface, but once you get the settings right it is unparallelled.

Your problem with GnGB, on the other hand, is quite probably because the controls are not properly pandoraified. It is not impossible that the start button is mapped to [enter] or something like that.

No, I mashed buttons and buttons and buttons and got nothing.

But thanks for that suggestion.

If one could get mednaffen gb all by itself, instead of in a package....it might be okay.

I want it on my desktop, and that thing would take about ten spots on my desktop...just for mednaffen.

It takes up that many in the menu, anyway.

I ended up using Virtual Boy Advance.

I'm using GPSP for GBA, so can use VBA just for GB and GBC. It seems to work.

Now if anyone had a viable alternative to RACE for NeoGeo Pocket, that would be great, because RACE will not go to the menu...it demands to be on the desktop only.

If one could get mednaffen gb all by itself, instead of in a package....it might be okay.

I want it on my desktop, and that thing would take about ten spots on my desktop...just for mednaffen.

Now if anyone had a viable alternative to RACE for NeoGeo Pocket, that would be great, because RACE will not go to the menu...it demands to be on the desktop only.
Gambatte still has more accurate emulation, real full screen mode, and works great once it is set up (even if I compiled it myself :p ). Unfortunately, the only alternative for RACE is mednafen-ngp.

Now if anyone had a viable alternative to RACE for NeoGeo Pocket, that would be great, because RACE will not go to the menu...it demands to be on the desktop on

You can put the mednafen pnd in pandora/menu/ then create custom launchers in your desktop for the emus you want. Mednafen uses the video filter that is set up in the system. You can change it in LCD settings for a pixelated look (I like this filter for gb/gbc).

Last edited by a moderator:
Next version of Gambatte should have picklelauncher, full screen, and working keys by default.

I can't make GnGb work out. It will load the game and then nothing. Won't let me PLAY them!! It just sits on the game's intro screen forever.

Is GnuBoy any better?

Or am I doing something wrong with GNGB??

Which version are you using?

The last version I posted for testing can be found here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5668-gngb-a-game-boy-and-color-game-boy-emulator-for-testing/page__st__40#entry132776

You may have to delete the appdata folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back