GB/GBC emulation

Gambatte is definitely the way to go, especially now that it uses the PickleLauncher. Very user-friendly.

The only thing you have to know is that, when you start it up for the first time, in order to create the appdata folder...you have to point PickleLauncher to an existent file...so it has somewhere to start next time. The default is to a folder most people don't HAVE in their Pandora.

Once you do this, you can add your ROMS and you're good to go.

The only game I had any trouble with on Gambatte was a homebrew game similar to Bejeweled...the black background turns white, no reason why...and it makes the game a little harder - but not impossible - to play.

As I said before, next release of Gambatte will have /media as the default location :)

As for homebrew, there is no guarantee of it working. Homebrew usually has issues on emulators for any system.

As I said before, next release of Gambatte will have /media as the default location :)

As for homebrew, there is no guarantee of it working. Homebrew usually has issues on emulators for any system.
I'm aware of that. Hence my not faulting Gambatte for the failure to run perfectly that one program.

It DOES run perfectly on the Dingoo, though...on it's GBA emulator. So it's just a quirky thing and it is what it is.

Gambatte is definitely, in my opinion, the superior emu to use for GB/GBC emulation.

Crap...wait...the game that doesn't work is a GBA game, so it's GPSP that is having the trouble with the game...not Gambatte!! LOL!!

I have alot of the howbrew ones working too! there are some really ones. However, yes there were a few that wouldn't run on anything but a specific emulator I could only run on windows (no pandora port (ie game cube raider).

I love homebrew...I never cease to be amazed at what some really clever people have been able to do.

There's a lot of junk and garbage out there, to be sure...but there are some real diamonds to be found in the rough.

@dsleaf and others:

Would love if you would share some of your sources for homebrew...even if by PM...although most to all of the homebrew that is out there is perfectly legal roms - so there should not be a problem sharing these sources publicly, either.

It's kinda tough to find sources for really really good homebrew. You tend to find a site with about 500 homebrew games on them, and maybe two of them are good. But those two are so good that they should be commercially produced.

So, any sources I haven't found on my own...it would be nice to get a pointer to...so I can sift through them and find the goodies.

Incidentally, one of the goodies I have found is a Yahtzee game which plays on a GBA emulator...so now I can play Yahtzee on my Pandy...it's fun for when you want to just mindlessly kill time...and as it goes...a VERY GOOD Yahtzee game. I've found lots of crappy ones, but this one is really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love homebrew...I never cease to be amazed at what some really clever people have been able to do.

There's a lot of junk and garbage out there, to be sure...but there are some real diamonds to be found in the rough.

@dsleaf and others:

Would love if you would share some of your sources for homebrew...even if by PM...although most to all of the homebrew that is out there is perfectly legal roms - so there should not be a problem sharing these sources publicly, either.

It's kinda tough to find sources for really really good homebrew. You tend to find a site with about 500 homebrew games on them, and maybe two of them are good. But those two are so good that they should be commercially produced.

So, any sources I haven't found on my own...it would be nice to get a pointer to...so I can sift through them and find the goodies.

Incidentally, one of the goodies I have found is a Yahtzee game which plays on a GBA emulator...so now I can play Yahtzee on my Pandy...it's fun for when you want to just mindlessly kill time...and as it goes...a VERY GOOD Yahtzee game. I've found lots of crappy ones, but this one is really good.

Great, how's it called?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back