Gba Emulator Port

Don't forget, if written correctly, the PSP is much better than the gp2x at snes and gba emus due to it's graphics processor.

Vimacs posted on Aug 20 2006 at 11:11 AM said:
wouldnt the gp2x be way ahead of the psp on this cause it could map the cpu?

A dynarec ARM with graphics in hardware would still be faster than mapping the cpu and doing all the graphics in software - OpenGL can really speed up tile-based multi background systems such as SNES & GBA as it's the graphics that slow it down considerably.

That said though, a GBA written from the ground up for the GP2X would still be playable.

For example, the current SquidgeSNES runs DKC at 16 fps, whereas SquidgeSNES-SE currently runs the same game at a higher fps, but is very incompatible and that fps will considerably decrease by the time it makes the graphics look anything like what they should do.

I'd expect a similar impact on the GBA emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Aug 20 2006 at 02:34 PM said:
For example, the current SquidgeSNES runs DKC at 16 fps, whereas SquidgeSNES-SE currently runs the same game at 140 fps. Before you shit your pants though, this current version is very incompatible and that fps will considerably decrease by the time it makes the graphics look anything like what they should do. I'd expect a similar impact on the GBA emu.
-SE as in... what? Second edition? You've gotten me curious! :p

lol squidgesnes-se how cool is that :) but 140 fps is impressive nontheless squidge even though it will be less when released

Squidge posted on Aug 20 2006 at 01:34 PM said:
Before you shit your pants though.....

You may want to consider moving this comment before the other statement. I feel people will be shitting their pants before they actually get to the warning part :)

epitaph posted on Aug 20 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
.. what? Second edition? You've gotten me curious! :p

Special Edition ;-P

Reesy: Thanks for the tip! :)

Squidge posted on Aug 20 2006 at 12:20 PM said:
epitaph posted on Aug 20 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
.. what? Second edition? You've gotten me curious! :p

Special Edition ;-P

Reesy: Thanks for the tip! :)

064500b48e6cec7d73da53ef1ff14266.gif