Gba

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 23 2006 at 03:40 PM said:
Is sound supposed to work? doesnt for me...
look in the .cfg file if the sound is activated

Last edited by a moderator:
subcon959 posted on Oct 23 2006 at 08:32 AM said:
X = speedup
Y = save image

Thanks for the update. However, I have to say using any of the standard buttons for anything other than gameplay is asking for problems.

I know I'll personally end up with games randomly speeding up and 100 different saved images due to this choice. I really encourage you to consider changing these or at least make them configurable.

(If you think I'm bad, just wait til the D-pad guys get wind of this.)

o0o0o posted on Oct 23 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
subcon959 posted on Oct 23 2006 at 08:32 AM said:
X = speedup
Y = save image

Thanks for the update. However, I have to say using any of the standard buttons for anything other than gameplay is asking for problems.

I know I'll personally end up with games randomly speeding up and 100 different saved images due to this choice. I really encourage you to consider changing these or at least make them configurable.

(If you think I'm bad, just wait til the D-pad guys get wind of this.)

I second this. Personally I wouldn't use a-to-a and b-to-b at all in a gba emu, but putting extra features right in between the action buttons is going to be very bad news for me.

On a real GBA A and B are inverted and there is no X and Y. You can set this by editing the .cfg file. You may also want to change the L and R button as they may be inverted.
The stick-click + buttons are short cuts for things which I will try to implement in a menu (not so soon cause I cant figure it out yet.)

#Joystick values are from http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/SDL_Joystick_mapping
Joy0_Left=2
Joy0_Right=6
Joy0_Up=0
Joy0_Down=4
#Joy0_A=12
Joy0_A=13
#Joy0_B=13
Joy0_B=12
Joy0_L=11
Joy0_R=10
Joy0_Start=8
Joy0_Select=9
#Joy0_Exit=15
#Joy0_Speed=15
#Joy0_Capture=14

realized there is no need to do systemdrawscreen cause can just assign the pixels from the surface to the emulator. Can I do the same with sound?

both harmony of dissonance or whatever and aria of sorrow now work completely, although still a little slow.

harmony of that odd word runs at about 90% with minor graphical errors.

circle of the moon does not work.

Claym99 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 05:23 AM said:
This is going to sound retarded but...

what extension do I save the Script as? .gpe?
You should use GMenu2x, but if you want a script for each game for the normal GPH menu, yeah, use .gpe or .gpu.

Ryo posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:38 PM said:
On my gp2x they run a lot slower than 90%. I would say they run more like 50-60% at 260Mhz

huh.

my harmony seems to run very fast.
maybe 80 at the least.

aria of sorrow runs at about 60 or 70, depending on where in the level i am.

klonoa still runs at like 90

subcon959 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
New version out again and it seems to be stretched to fullscreen now?
next version (n) has normmatt's asm opcodes I uploaded it yesterday. please try it and tell me if it makes any difference.

pcklee123 posted on Oct 30 2006 at 06:43 AM said:
subcon959 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
New version out again and it seems to be stretched to fullscreen now?
next version (n) has normmatt's asm opcodes I uploaded it yesterday. please try it and tell me if it makes any difference.
I only see the source code for (n) on the archive. The binary is still only (m).

I only see the source code for (n) on the archive. The binary is still only (m).
I've just uploaded (o) for the binary. It has a few more lines of asm so hopefully the difference will be more although I get the feeling that the original opcodes which Normmatt did were probably the most important. I would appreciate if anyone else who knows asm can give advice on http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...32294&st=15

the speed has been greatly increased in the latest version, savestates are enabled, and the fullscreen view is optional.
pres stick+left+right to go out of fullscreen.

aria runs at 90.
or really close.
fna.
gunstar super heroes at about 60~70
klonoa still about 90
my circle of the moon rom does not work.
i think it didnt work a while ago.
i cant remember.
metalgunslinger is about 80.
azumanga daioh (i know. i just wanted to try.) runs really slow. but i havent left the menu.

the only thing about the latest releasee is the controls lag a bit because of the emphasis put on speed.
but i talked to pck, and hes going to try to optimize it.

what agreat coder.

I've uploaded version p please try it out. It feels faster to me than the n version. I've been changing the c-core in arm-new.h to asm according to Normmatt's instructions / examples . Its about half done now. I believe that it can be optimized further if someone with better knowledge of asm takes it on.
The speed should be there again. It shows the time taken for 10 frames in ms (gba frames not rendered frames). i.e it should be 167 for full speed 333 is half speed. Setting fps to 6 seems to work best(for my taste). More than that and its too jerky, less than that you will see significant slowdown. The other thing which should be optimized is probably renderline() this is in the mode?.cpp files. Don't know how to do this. Any suggestions?
I've also tried to compile it on dev-c++ (to make it easier for others with windows to work on it). It sort of works but screen is corrupted as I dont have Paeryn's hardware SDL on that.

Back