Gbax Ad In Retro Gamer

You know I thought that...werid as hell. Unless it's like one of those optical tricks, where you can't see certain words.

This might seem like a long shot...but Nintendo would get more hot and bothered about a console that plays what are practically GBA games without a dime going to them. Perhaps this is why? SNES and NES were the biggest selling points for me at least.

LHC posted on Sep 5 2004 at 09:42 PM said:
Is it just me or does the advert not even mention SNES? :unsure:

It looks like the first draft did, but they took it out of the final version for whatever reason. And they couldn't possibly have left it out because the SNES emulators aren't up to scratch since they mention Quake which really isn't all that playable at the moment (unless you run it on a teeny screen). Still a nice ad though...if I didn't already know about (and own) a GP32 that ad would have me interested for sure. Good work Craig (and Antiriad!).

EDIT:

This might seem like a long shot...but Nintendo would get more hot and bothered about a console that plays what are practically GBA games without a dime going to them. Perhaps this is why? SNES and NES were the biggest selling points for me at least.

Good point...infact they don't mention any Nintendo consoles at all so I'd imagine this is the reason. Probably a smart move after all :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark posted on Sep 5 2004 at 09:28 PM said:
craigix posted on Sep 2 2004 at 03:27 AM said:
Yes, we sent them a Treamcast for the feature, DC's 5th birthday I think.

I think a feature on the GP32 would be nice once one of the megadrive emus has full sound support in all games. Good double page article rounding up all the cool progams from the last 2 years.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

The guy loves the Dreamcast homebrew, so the GP32 is proberbly known to him because of that. Every time I've mentioned it or other people have mentioned it to him he shys away I believe ;)

Still, time will tell. I'm sure yu can make an impact Craig:)

Yeah he won't cover the GP32 in the magazine, not in a dedicated machine kind of way anyways. The Editor doesn't feel that the machine itself is retro despite all the stuff it can emulators etc. When I wrote the handheld console feature, I was only allowed to refer to the machine and was instructed not to write a dedicated section on it. The machine itself is too new you see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back