Gbax We Need An Official Comment Please

reallynotnick posted on Dec 1 2005 at 05:19 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Dec 1 2005 at 03:40 PM said:
Well. Im glad i dont have a defective unit :D

Does bricking from an offical update count as a defect?
no, just a stupididy complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Dec 1 2005 at 08:22 PM said:
Is it possible for people who don't care about these screen problems to send you their order numbers and get them despatched anyway, and have them exempt from returning their GP2X due to screen problems?

That would be a *terrible* idea. I appreciate you are eager for yours, but it isn't in the interests of anybody (you, craig or GPH) to send out faulty products.

Oh yes, and the flickering is most noticeable when playing back mp3s or video. But it is there all the time, it is just worse when it is reading the SD card.

Oh, OK then.

That doesn't sound all that nice.

From what I've heard, on some units there's flickering, and on some there isn't.

I'll just sit back and wait for however long, again. At least then I'll get an OK unit, I guess.

I'm very eager for my GP2X, because, as you may have noticed, I've already started coding. Hope that's understandable.

craigix posted on Dec 1 2005 at 10:52 PM said:
No, no I mean we don't send them out if they have that screen problem, it is very rare.

Brilliant news. Thanks Craig.

My screen flickers only when playing music and when going through the menus(sometimes it flickers, sometimes it doesn't). But when playing video or games/emu no flickering. It doesn't bother me since I mostly bought it for playing video and games not music.

My lcd screen flickered only slightly when on the original firmware. Thankfully after updating it to 1.01... it fixed the problem, completely. Thanks craigix for testing the units before sending them out. I do appreciate your extra hard work. I'll keep my unit. I'll work out any minor bugs I find.

I've upgraded to 1.01 and now have flickering - it is far more noticeable when on darker backgrounds such as the blue screen for "Video", "Ebook" and "Explorer". Also Green seems to be affected such as the laod screen and the Game screen.

When do we expect some information in relation to the recalls - and will I still get the same unit back (a first edition) or will it be a later updated model???

craigix posted on Dec 1 2005 at 10:52 PM said:
No, no I mean we don't send them out if they have that screen problem, it is very rare.

Ah, right. I misunderstood completely.

Back