Off To Korea, Gpx2 Awaits!

Devboards this month.

As for the final console, Yeah we are getting the first batch from the factory, supposed to be around oct 15th-20th. So most of you should have a GP2X next month!

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

Nice one Craig , well looking forward to owning one of these babies :)
looks like i'll be having a happy holiday afterall

craigix posted on Sep 4 2005 at 07:54 PM said:
Devboards this month.

As for the final console, Yeah we are getting the first batch from the factory, supposed to be around oct 15th-20th. So most of you should have a GP2X next month!

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk
Now have to remember to leave some money free from buying a PC. Eeek!

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Sep 4 2005 at 06:54 PM said:
Devboards this month.

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

Tell them to triple-check for defection!

GP2X should get everyting right the first time. :D

Yeah tell them not to send any out with dead pixels. No repeat on the PSP launch please.

I think i only ever saw about 3 GP32's with a dead pixel (out of thousands), so its a non issue.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I've only seen 1 gp32 with a dead pixel (out of 1).
The other 76799 pixels work perfectly though so I'm hardly bothered by it ;).

It always amazes me how annoyed people get when 0.001% of their screen doesn't work.

i have a blue dot in my blu, first thought shit, but it really isnt anoying while playing games or watchinga movie.

I have one slightly off colour pixel, but you canonly see it on a whitish screen.
It's not really obvious.

Aaargh! Craig.. maybe this is what's called marketing or building up demand.. or maybe, possibly, teasing us weak willed punters a little bit too far ;)

Can you please give a date when some more GP2x pics/video/substantial info will be up on gbax.com?

Otherwise, if its just the difficulty in WMV'ing an avi (windows movie maker 2, easy) or if you are embargoed, ditto, please tell us a date..

cheers!

Aaaahh! I want XviD, no WMV!!! :p
I don't think he'll give you a date as he is probably quite busy and doing it when he gets the time. I think the issue is not avi-->wmv but analog-->digital which is a little more difficult.

I prefer dvix, well at least with ffmpeg it seems to have much higher quality then xvid. But I only tried it once, is there no one out there that likes h.264 also :unsure:

But as long as they are good high quality videos I am happy, and I the only one who feels that wmp is very slow and slugish? At least the mac version is VERY crappy, never got to play with the windows one much.

xvid has certain, has a certain non-commercial aspect to it. Although I'm surprised at the mention of quality. I've never seen the difference. Although I haven't investigated the latest Divx

cheers, I'll just keep checking in.. eagerly:)

oh btw, ReallyNotnick -if you mean wmp -windows media player? google for "media player classic"; its excellent and fast, but I think its windows only (sorry :( ) or, try "mplayer"?

cheers

reallynotnick posted on Sep 6 2005 at 11:32 PM said:
I prefer dvix, well at least with ffmpeg it seems to have much higher quality then xvid. But I only tried it once, is there no one out there that likes h.264 also :unsure:
h.264 was fine, too, the last time I checked. B)

iainjh posted on Sep 6 2005 at 06:56 PM said:
Aaargh! Craig.. maybe this is what's called marketing or building up demand.. or maybe, possibly, teasing us weak willed punters a little bit too far ;)

Can you please give a date when some more GP2x pics/video/substantial info will be up on gbax.com?

Otherwise, if its just the difficulty in WMV'ing an avi (windows movie maker 2, easy) or if you are embargoed, ditto, please tell us a date..

cheers!

I wanna know too! Those pics were great for all of two seconds, but now, i need more! MORE!

*coughs*

Back