Gbsp Minish Cap Crash... Just Me?

DanSolo

Still Fresh
I've been using GBSP because it seems to be the fastest GBA emulator. After finishing R-Type 3 without a hitch, I moved on to The Minish Cap. All was well until I got to the Gust Bag thing, then it crashes every time I use it (power switch required). Has anyone else seen this and is there another GBA emu out there that can play this at a decent speed?
Thanks GPers.

gpSP is still in the early stages of development and is being worked on. If you can stay patient, there should be some updates coming. :) I think that your best bet is to stick to this emulator.

GbSP is still in the early stages of development and is being worked on. If you can stay patient, there should be some updates coming. :) I think that your best bet is to stick to this emulator.

No complaints with GBSP at all, it can only get faster and more compatible. The othe emus are too slow to even bother with (yet!). I don't suppose there's a sequence jump where I don't have to use the Gust Net... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
GbSP is still in the early stages of development and is being worked on. If you can stay patient, there should be some updates coming. :) I think that your best bet is to stick to this emulator.

No complaints with GBSP at all, it can only get faster and more compatible. The othe emus are too slow to even bother with (yet!). I don't suppose there's a sequence jump where I don't have to use the Gust Net... ;-)
Yeah, I don't think there is a way to get past that. Its like the parts in the Summon Night series, the first game every time you hit ok on a menu if chokes up and crashes. The second one doesn't do this though very slow. I believe it will all be faster soon though, Zodttd and Exophase are very talented coders.

I believe Minish Cap has been fixed in the 0.09 version of gpSP. When Exophase gets the dynarec started on the GP2X version, those 0.09 fixes may be useful.

I believe Minish Cap has been fixed in the 0.09 version of gpSP. When Exophase gets the dynarec started on the GP2X version, those 0.09 fixes may be useful.

Is he still going to do that? Last I heard he wasn't motivated due to a busted GP2X.

Does the PSP version use dynarec? I know you ported from the PSP version so was that part removed? How doe that work?

If GBA on GP2X gets as fast as the PSP version it will be great. I would think it should be as good if not better due to the GP2X and GBA both being ARM.

I think GBA on the GP2X is very practical :p

Back