Genesis/Megadrive Emulation

Duddyroar

Website
www.vc-reviews.com
I know the SNES GP32 emulator is just around the corner, but the one I'm really looking forward to is the Genesis/MD emulator. The Megadrive is my all-time favourite machine, and I really can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Any news as to when we can expected a playable release? Not wanting to sound impatient, of course...I have the upmost respect for the guys coding these fantastic emulators! Without them, the GP32 scene would be a lot less exciting.

I know very little about the workings of these things, but how well can we expect the MD and SNES emus to operate?

When the SNES and MD emulators get here, the GP32 will be the envy of every console owner!

If the porter does a good enough job, we could very well get full speed, maybe without frameskip, with sound. Although on first release it will most likely not be like that...

The mega drive is one of the easier systems to emulate due to the large documentation around it.

Great stuff! I've got a pretty good idea of the games I want to get for it:

Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, Aero Blasters, Bare Knuckle 1, 2 and 3, Shining Force 1 + 2, Herzog Zwei, Alien Storm, Strider, Ghouls n Ghosts, Wardner, Zero Wing, Hellfire, Gleylancer, Castlevania/Vampire Killer, Contra: Hard Corps, Bomberman, the Sonic games, Puyo Puyo, Gynoug, Alex Kidd, Devil Crash MD...the list goes on and on.

The sad thing is I own all of the above titles, it's just that I'm dying to play them 'on the go' and my Nomad isn't really it up the task, battery-wise.

well, genesis i want skitchen, mk2, mk3, altered beast, super hydlide, nba jam, sonic 1 2 and 3, alex kidd, pitfall, jungle book, and a few others.
cant wait

EDIT - give me your nomad

I'll definitely wear out the buttons on my gP32 playing NBA Jam when the genny emu comes out

how can you guys compare road rash and mario kart. The only thing they have in common is that you drive somthing other than that they are totaly diffrent types of games.

Whit?????? this game out on Megadrive?????

all of a sudden my excitment for them has increased tenfold :D

BTW, the emu compitition ends this month, expect some good things (maybe) this month or next :)

There both racing games aren't they? Last time I checked they were. So thats how we can compare them, alright with you mate?

@Mofokubik: road rash > (skitchen*1000000)

The RTS genre owes a huge debt to Herzog Zwei - it's basically the first real RTS game. It has pretty much all of the elements found in current RTS titles.

It was one of the first games I got with my Japanese MD, the guy at the shop sold it to me cheap (complete with a photocopied translation of all the menus) because it was one of his poorest selling games. It ended up being one of the games I played the most! Stunning title, even better in the two-player split screen mode.

And Road Rash isn't fit to clean Mario Kart's tyres. :)

:rolleyes: The sacred cow of video gaming that is Nintendo has mooed again, all the people fall silent as nothing bad can ever be spoken about the sacred one :rolleyes:

If you going to love a Niny driving game Didy Kong racing was a total rip off but it did every thing so much better than mario kart. Me and my mates had about 8 consoles set up in our living room and Didy Kong got a load more playtime than Mario Kart (64, SNES & GBA) its just more fun multiplayer..... IMO

Back