Genesis/snes Strategy Games

C16

Still Fresh
Website
www.commodore16.com
Hiya everyone,

I've just found a gem of a Genesis game that I play on my GP32 called "Kings Bounty", it’s a war strategy game set in a medieval world. I was wondering if anyone else knows of any other similar games for the Genesis or Snes? From reading another article on here, it seems like Dune 2 wont work. Shame really as thats a good one.

Chris

yeh if anyone knows any games like ufo style turn based stratergies too that would be great, ive been playing space crusade and laser squad on amstrad cause its the closest i can find.

Supposedly, the Panzer General game series has it's origins on the Genesis, with a game called Iron Storm. Then there are Pasific Theatre of Operations, and many installation in KOEI's war game series, on the G also.

I think, for SNES, there was a game called Metal Marines....

Ultimate strategy game you can emulate on your GP, however, is Sid Meier's Civilization on Atari ST, with CaSTawayGP.

And I believe there was, not long ago, a thread about strategy on GP.

absolutely outstanding turnbased strategy for genesis is Warsong. Its a bit hard but thats the biggest fun :D you can also find Warsong 2, it has better graphics and everything but its in japanese... or is there an english version?

sensible GP32 posted on Feb 18 2005 at 03:08 PM said:
im not 100% sure but i think areo biz works in open snes, i love that game

I hate that game :D

Last edited by a moderator:
C16 posted on Feb 18 2005 at 04:56 AM said:
Hiya everyone,

I've just found a gem of a Genesis game that I play on my GP32 called "Kings Bounty", it’s a war strategy game set in a medieval world. I was wondering if anyone else knows of any other similar games for the Genesis or Snes? From reading another article on here, it seems like Dune 2 wont work. Shame really as thats a good one.

Chris

Military Madness on GPEngine is a great game too. Password saves so the lack of snapshot saving isn't an issue (well, not a big issue anyway).
It seems to be the original version of Advance Wars (turn based).

Does anyone know where I can find a translation/FAQ for Hybrid Front on megadrive? It's a strategy game (turn based) and it seems quite cool, but it was only ever released in japan.

What`s the mother off all turn based strategy games? I mean, which was the first one?

I think, the first really good one was Battle Isle!

Herzog Zwei on megadrive definitely one of the best strategy games, I think I remember reading that Westwood Studios were inspired by this when making Dune

Jarska333 posted on Feb 18 2005 at 08:08 PM said:
Do the Front Mission games work on OSNESGP? FM, FM2 and FM: Gun Hazzard?

GRR!

I tried to play Front Mission today with SNES9xGP and it ran helluva slow, even at frameskip 10. Alas, I have a BLU+

Back