Germans watch out: Cheap SDXC 64 GB-cards. Tested (with W2Testw) and working!

Askarus

Forum Addict!
That's mainly for the Germans here.

I like you other guys, too :wub: but the cards are only available in German Amazon and Ebay.

(Those Cards are not from Komputerbay! I've read some of you had a bad experience with those brand.)

Here we go: SDXC 43,48€

http://www.amazon.de...32943294&sr=8-1

That Card is working! I use it for some month already.

Watch out!

That's not the reason for this post.

That card is on Amazon quite a long time for 45€.

Here is "miracle": The same card is on ebay for : 38,88€.

I've ordered one today. I hope it'll arrive soon and I can tell whether that one's working too or not.

I can't tell how long you get those that cheap. The last time I checked Ebay they were at 45€.

http://www.ebay.de/i...041903775447764

For Americans:

I can't thell you anything about that card, but it should be neartly as cheap as the one I mentioned before: It's 54$

http://www.amazon.co...32943237&sr=8-4

I can't tell you whether it's wotking on Pandora or not and I haven't checked the compatibily list so check that first.

Sorry for all the non-Germans here. I hope you don't mind that "German related" post :D .

I couldn't find the chards on Ebay.com or Amazon.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to your report ;)

Have you read this thread? The thing is, if it's on eBay, it's VERY likely to be a fake...

Have you tested the card you already have with H2Testw or F3? (More info on these in the above link.)

Have you read this thread? The thing is, if it's on eBay, it's VERY likely to be a fake...

Have you tested the card you already have with H2Testw or F3? (More info on these in the above link.)

The card I already have is from amazon and it works fine.

The cheaper one from Ebay will come soon. It looks the same as the one I got from Amazon. It's sold from an Ebay-shop which sold already more than 35000 products. I don't think such a big shop sells faked cards.

We'll see in some days anyway.

I don't think such a big shop sells faked cards.

We'll see in some days anyway.
Generally, vendors of fake cards on eBay bank on their victims believing this.

Anyway, good luck. It's VERY rare to find genuine cards on eBay...

The card arrived today.

It came with exFat as the one from Amazon did.

I had to reformat it to FAT32.

There's no difference between that card and the one from Amazon.

Both have about 13,5 MB/s write speed.

They both work on my Pandora. I haven't tested the new card much but I was able to create a .txt document with my Pandora.

I can't see any reason why this card might be bad. I'm happy because of the good price.

Edit: Tested with experimental Kernel.

So, you tested the card to make sure it actually has the capacity it says it does?
Seconded. I'm wondering this, too.

H2Testw (for Microsoft Windows), and F3 (the open source equivalent for Linux) will take care of all your SD Card testing needs. You will need to format the card to FAT32 or NTFS for H2Testw. I'm unsure what formats F3 can handle.

same with h2testw in my experience....if youre running linux of course, as win obviously wont randomly load ext FS

So, you tested the card to make sure it actually has the capacity it says it does?

It has 60 GB instead of 64 GB. That's ok for me. I've read somewhere such big cards have little less capacity than it's described.

Anyway, the one I got from Amazon also has only 61 GB capacity. So here's also no big difference, too.

yes thats fine and all, but have you actually tested it with h2testw or F3?

It has 60 GB instead of 64 GB. That's ok for me.
That's due to the 'how to count' trouble between 1000 and 1024 and additionally due to the mapping of the sectors. The fake cards i heard of had a 'correct' shown free space, but started overwriting old stuff if the real space on the card is full. If you really want to test the card you have to create a random <max space of card> file to your harddisk, copy that random file to the card and compare both files then.

^ Or use H2Testw or F3. :p

The thread's title now says "Tested and working!", so should I assume that these proper tests (as opposed to looking at what the OS is claiming, which will be a lie if it's a fake anyway) have been done, and proved successful?

Hey Prometheus, you really want to see my card broken, don't you :D .

Of course not. It's your job to protect the people from broken SD-cards. You are our hero ;) .

(Just kidding, don't take me to seriuos ^_^ )

OK, back to hard serious business!

Here's the H2Testw result:

Write: 13,3 Mbyte/s

Read: 17,9 Mbyte/s

Size: 61562 MByte

Awesome stuff - glad to see it tested well! :D

(And, no, I don't want to see anyone's cards broken - I just want to be sure that no-one's been conned. :) )

Back