Get Or Not Get ?!

sutoolaj

Still Fresh
Hello guys!

I've decieded to get a gp32_console from gbax.com.
But they are run out of 166hmz gp32_console .
There is a news about get new ones, but i think its out of date...

Is there big difference between 160hmz and 166 hmz ones?

So what do you think,
Should I wait, or the 160mhz one is just perfect for me?

By
(sorry for my poor english)

Depends what you want to use your GP32 for. If you want it for emulation then most if not all will work fine at 160MHz. Although 6MHz isn't that much, it is noticable when running GPEngine.

:)

EDIT: Actually, it might not be. I forgot the previous setting was 157MHz or something similar.

GA01 posted on May 11 2005 at 12:32 PM said:
Depends what you want to use your GP32 for. If you want it for emulation then most if not all will work fine at 160MHz. Although 6MHz isn't that much, it is noticable when running GPEngine.

Thanks!

And the "mighty search funktion" is great ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
sutoolaj posted on May 11 2005 at 11:43 AM said:
GA01 posted on May 11 2005 at 12:32 PM said:

Thanks!

And the "mighty search funktion" is great ;P

We had this chat last week, take a read, I done some tests of 160 v 166 and put fps reults.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=18715

Steve.

sutoolaj posted on May 11 2005 at 12:15 PM said:

... 166hmz gp32_console .

166 Hegamertz?

Sorry for making funny :D I love words you can change some letters and they sound funny :D

Don't get it, as not all programs have a x160mhz option, some only have a 166mhz one.

Hanz™ posted on May 11 2005 at 12:32 PM said:
Don't get it, as not all programs have a x160mhz option, some only have a 166mhz one.

Eh?

I have a 166 Blu+, but never use it! Everything I have tried has worked fine with a lower clock speed, and the batteries last longer! With all the problems GBAx has had with Maltloaf (?), I think you should just get a 160hz GP32, and be happy!

Now, back to Monkey Island...

i had a non flu 156mhz and now i have a flu 166mhz and see no difference between the two, i run everything on my 166mhz flu at 156mhz, 166mhz in my opinion is not needed whatsoever to run all the GP32 apps.

And by the way, there have been about 3 or 4 posts on this same topic in the last week.

And dont forget that it only means, that it runs at 166 mhz guranteed!
There is also a big chance that it runs at 166 mhz without this modification.
My completely unmodded FLU runs fine at 166 mhz!

And dont forget that it only means, that it runs at 166 mhz guranteed!
There is also a big chance that it runs at 166 mhz without this modification.
My completely unmodded FLU runs fine at 166 mhz!

I wouldn't be surprised if every machine capable of 166MHz out-of-the-box would have been sold at a premium, and one's that couldn't where modified to run at 166.

It does make sense if you are prepared to test every machine that you sell. So therefore I guess the chance of a 166MHz machine out-of-the-box is very low.

Oh, and I did notice what you said about your FLU being 166, but that was before they offered guaranteed machines at premium prices.

Back