Getting The Sourcecode To The Gp2x And Skinning

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
once GPH releases the sourcecode for the GP2X's firmware, would there presumably be a way to make the gp2x's menus have sounds, see gifs, etc?

that would add a lot of flavor to working with the gp2x

i'm making a mario three skin, and i want to make it the best i can... adding gifs of mario ging down tubes, plus the sound of it would be.... utter bliss.

/blind hope]

That would be great (can't see it happening any time soon). I'm in the midst of creating (only just started creating...) a shining force 2 menus for the gp2x, & the addition of the "great" music from the game would add some Pzaz...

*looking forward to your Mario theme*

i just sat down and started photoshopping and making a skin. eh- its a pain if your not really familiar with ps. then in the midst of testing, the menu viewer wont open again. Argh. theres goes fun for the night.

wf.

there's a link in my sig to view the mario 3 skin background i'm working on... i think it looks quite good so far... i'm going for the "bitty" look, and besides having to use the mario world font, i'm pretty satisfied so far... i'm thinking the curtains for the load screen... lol

No-one ever said GPH are releasing the launcher code. I'm not saying that there's no chance it will ever be released, but don't get your hopes up because the launcher is not GPL and so they are not forced to release it.

And of course, whose to say that once some of the devs get going we'll even continue to use their launcher and their linux? We may end up with our own which may or may not be more customizeable :) to be honest I'm not too fussed as long as I can quickly load my stuff, I don't plan to spend all my time looking at pretty menus :p

Back