Ghetto Genesis Tv Cable

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
I decided to make my own TV cable for my Genesis Model 2, and I made it in under ten minutes. I found a TV-out cable for a Dell laptop that was stolen (I had no use for it anymore) and spliced it with three wires; one for Video, one for mono audio (my TV is mono), and one for ground. I decided to have it stick out of my extension port since I don't have a Sega CD. I had to bend the shielding a bit, though. I tied the ground wire under one of the screws that held the shielding onto the circuit board. I connected the audio and video wires directly to the AV port on the Genesis. I plugged my genesis in, found a controller, put in Sonic 3, and I was ready to start collecting chaos emeralds. It worked just as well as a normal cable. I might re-do this properly by soldering directly to the circuit board and drilling holes in the side of the Genesis instead of having this clunky thing hanging out of the extension port later.

I'll post some pictures once I find the camera!

If you're wondering which pins on the AV port I connected them to, they were 4 and 6; 6 was audio and 4 was video. If you want stereo audio, use pins 8 (Left) and 9 (Right).

If you want to connect a SCART cable, use pins 1 (Blue), 3 (Green), 5 (Sync), and 7 (Red). Pin 2 is 5 volts, direct current.

Counting the pins in the AV port goes from left to right, bottom to top.

Back