Gigolo Ftp Server In Windows Xp

paddy

Website
Visit site
So i read a few other posts about some of you guys trying to get windows shares working ,well i need the same help ,i have setup a windows xp server but when i use gigolo to connect i get an error ,is there a better way of accessing my windows files from the pandora ,infact is there a way ? this is mostly becase i can't connect usb to a windows pc yet and i am sick of removing my sd when i want to put files on it.

these are the basics of linux and windows and i can't understand why we can't connect to a home server ,i am not a linux expert at all so i do not even know what the term shh means ! if someone could help me out in getting my pandora to see and fetch files on my windows desktop that would be great but only as long as the instructions are not way above my head.

Please excuse my ignorance if this is possible and quite easy to do ,but from all that i have read it doesn't sound like anyone has done it yet.

thanks for you time

Paddy

It's far easier to go the other way around with it. The Pandora already has an SSH server running on it. You can use WinSCP to access your Pandora's filesystem. Use the same username and password as you used when you first setup your Pandora. I suggest choosing the "Explorer" Interface for WinSCP since it's most like Windows normal file manager.

hi ,i have downloaded that app for windows like mindlord suggested but now i don't know what to do with it ??? puzzled ,what do i run on the pandora so the pandora can be a server for file share ,also if i do this and make a connection can i still browse/transfer files from my desktop to pandora on the pandora ?

cheers

paddy said:
hi ,i have downloaded that app for windows like mindlord suggested but now i don't know what to do with it ??? puzzled ,what do i run on the pandora so the pandora can be a server for file share ,also if i do this and make a connection can i still browse/transfer files from my desktop to pandora on the pandora ?

cheers
Look up the ip from your Pandora handheld. Use your username and password you entered when you first booted your Pandora. It seems the Pandora is running an SSH server by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
session host name (i put pandora ip in here ?)
port 22
username (pandora user name)
password (pandora password)

all other settings are at default and when i click on login ,it times out.

do i need to be running something on the pandora ? like software or is there a server running when i boot up the pandora ?

do i need to change some settings in winscp ?

nebee at this with linux os

There is no program to run on the Pandora. It should just work. Make sure that for the type of server in WinSCP you've selected SSH. I'll try this at home once I get there. The wifi network here at the office is protected, so I can't access the Pandora remotely.

thanks mindlord :)

so i am on a local network ,my pandora is 192.168.1.3 ,i put this as host name yes ?

file protocol sftp
port 22
i can't see any options to change anything to (shh).

i tried the old way ,using flashfxp ,i put ip ,user pass and port 22 ,it connects but doesn't list dirs ,it's as if its looking for something ,hour glass style.

paddy said:
file protocol sftp
Try the scp protocol, it's more commonly available than sftp.

I tried using the program on my Linux computer using Wine, and it worked with these settings when I connected to my server.

If it *still* doesn't work for you, it might be that your router blocks internal network traffic, something which I doubt, but you should check your router settings anyways.
24v46l2.png

jzjgjn.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you dflemstr and mindlord ,i managed to connect once i turned my comodo firewall back on and set it up properly to accept ,i had just thought turning it off would be ok ,now i am in ,yippee ! cheers guys.

Back