Gingeing Up A Synth

Pleng

Hey I just saw a little synth for the GP2x here and just though 'wow thatd be nice GINGEd up in a PND'. I'd give it a go myself, but I've never used GINGE and don't actually have a Pandora to try it out with at the moment so I would be walking blind.

I guess I'll give it a go when I get my Panda back, if nobody else has done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a very nice idea Pleng, but I've already ported it! PBSynth was written by a friend of mine .. I even got a shoutout in the readme.txt, heh heh ..

I'm waiting to release it until I can get it PND'ed up alongside a little sequencer - either my own sequencer project, or the cursed sequencer (which is an AWESOME sequencer for the Pandora, by the way) - and I also want to include xsynth in the same PND, so that there are two synths and a sequencer in the same PND - sort of a full-blown music-production PND. The idea would be you launch the PND, all apps open, connect to each other, discover the MIDI devices, and let you switch between them for some serious jamming. If I can find a nice drum synth, I'd like to include that as well .. so that there would be a sequencer+PBSynth+Xsynth+DrumSynth all in the same package, including MIDI i/o ..

So my next Pandora hacking session is probably going to happen this weekend - no promises, you know me Pleng, you'll be the first to complain when its not out on Monday, I'm sure :p - but I'll update this thread when the PND is ready and out there ..

EDIT: BTW, I'm not saying you shouldn't GINGE, but I am definitely saying that PBSynth rocks and was an easy port! :)

Ok if you have a look at the category view that PBSynth is listed in there's a couple of drum modules. Don't know if they're any good or not, might be worth investigating.

Yeah, I'll dig into it a bit more this weekend, I promise .. I have had a great time jamming with my Pandora in the past, so its time to move things forward and make up a proper PND for real one-button-to-play launching of these sorts of apps..

That sounds really neat, torpor.

By the way, is there anything for Pandora that would allow combination of several tracks that are recorded as live audio files (via clicktrack)?

Back