Gizmondo!!!! Release Date

close enough!

mattmagoo posted on Mar 23 2005 at 10:33 PM said:
how do "you guys" spell it

"we" spell it in English

oooh, you got me there ;) i was confused by the spelling(which i just found out is right) and thought it to be the brit way to spell it or something.

jizmondo, haha

Last edited by a moderator:
-sigh-

yet another quality thread
ruined
ruind
thrashed (how the hell do you spell it)

mattmagoo posted on Mar 23 2005 at 10:23 PM said:
After watchin a tv programme with a title i fail to remember it became obvious who would be amoung gizmondos prime consumer base..............

PAEDOPHILES

I mean, come on, if all these kids have GPS systems pinpointing exactly where they are, and a paedophile has one..........................

I cant believe no one at Gizmondo thought of this, and if they have, did they do anything about it

I heard so much about this it just isn't funny. So many people who don't know how GPS actually works. GPS systems DO NOT TRANSMIT THEIR LOCATION they deduct their location by means triangulation. Noone is going to be able to track someone down just because they are carrying a GPS with them...

...I'm not getting one either. ;)

There ARE GPSs that transmit your location...They are sold to concerned (read stupid and overprotective) parents in the form of watches.

:ph34r:

yeah should be the jizmondo, wasn't there to be a game released for it called like, giant balls or something like that?

moz posted on Mar 24 2005 at 12:59 AM said:
-sigh-

ruined
ruind

You could call it the worst thread in the history of the internet? :D

Daz_Genetic posted on Mar 24 2005 at 04:36 AM said:
mattmagoo posted on Mar 23 2005 at 10:23 PM said:
After watchin a tv programme with a title i fail to remember it became obvious who would be amoung gizmondos prime consumer base..............

PAEDOPHILES

I mean, come on, if all these kids have GPS systems pinpointing exactly where they are, and a paedophile has one..........................

I cant believe no one at Gizmondo thought of this, and if they have, did they do anything about it

I heard so much about this it just isn't funny. So many people who don't know how GPS actually works. GPS systems DO NOT TRANSMIT THEIR LOCATION they deduct their location by means triangulation. Noone is going to be able to track someone down just because they are carrying a GPS with them...

...I'm not getting one either. ;)

well, you're wrong

one of the advantages of the gizmondo is that parents were able to locate their children, that was the original intent for the GPS

i dotn know if this is still integrated tho, i assumed it was

in fact i have just realised it is integrated because it is used in games such as Colours (the GTA clone)

and do i have any bets on how long this'll latst

giz3.jpg

thats the Gizmondo flagship store if your scrathing your noggin

and finally to prove my point a quote from the Jiz site

Not only can Gizmondo make the most of existing location-based services like searching for the nearest ATM or McDonald's, if your friends own a Gizmondo you can find them too - perfect when you're at a festival or concert!

I'd assume you have to have them on a friends list or something ahead of time to be able to locate them.... but it wont matter because none of them will have one.

and the only reason I'd scratch my head at the pic of the Jizzmondo store is because I'm wondering WHY they would build one when no one will come.

Kop_007 posted on Mar 24 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
moz posted on Mar 24 2005 at 12:59 AM said:
-sigh-

ruined
ruind

You could call it the worst thread in the history of the internet? :D

it is now -sigh-

Alpha2 posted on Mar 25 2005 at 12:22 AM said:
I'd assume you have to have them on a friends list or something ahead of time to be able to locate them.... but it wont matter because none of them will have one.

and the only reason I'd scratch my head at the pic of the Jizzmondo store is because I'm wondering WHY they would build one when no one will come.
yeah or text them your GPS location and they can find you that way

Either way it would require someone's permission to find out where they are. Actually I always felt like the DS would open kids up for Pedophiles (u.s. spelling) once they get that new internet chat software that Warppipe was supposedly working on. That would make the DS like a "Child Pager" with graphics.

Back