Gmenu2x & Switching Sd Cards

markiej

Website
Visit site
Hi there,

Often I like to swap my sd cards around with the system on. Whenever I do it with gmenu on I have to shut the gp2x off & on in order to get the new menu.

1. How can I switch an SD card & load the gmenu on that card without shutting down?

2. Since I upgraded to 2.1.1, gmenu doesn't launch automatically any more on my sd cards. Do I have to do anything to make that happen?

I've had this thing for a year, and am generally pretty savvy about these things, but I think I caught a case of Newb-Brain this past week (or early-onset seniility).

Thanks!@!!!
Mike

have you tried running gmenu2x from the nand instead? not sure if that'd solve what you're trying to do, but it might help.

From http://gmenu2x.sourceforge.net/page/Documentation :

If you want to install the program to a different location you have to edit the file autorun.gpu.

For example if you want to install it to the nand (useful if you have multiple sd cards) you have to edit the file like this:

autorun.gpu

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/nand/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

I suppose you could make separate sections for individual SD card apps/games? Not really sure what the best way to do that would be.

Instead of turning off the GP2X, why not just exit and re-launch GMenu2x?

As for the autorun not working, did you check if Autorun-Yes is checked in the Settings panel?

Wait, You guys are saying that switching sd's while the unit is on is ok? WTF!? Why didn't anyone talk about or say anything about this before?! This whole time I've been switching my gp2x off whenever I take my sd card out :angry: . Is just pulling it out really ok?

Yes it definitely is, as long as it's not writing anything to it at the moment when you take it out. However, at times the explorer does not get refreshed, so it'll read the file names from the old card, and crash when you try to run something.

Alex. said:
Yes it definitely is, as long as it's not writing anything to it at the moment when you take it out. However, at times the explorer does not get refreshed, so it'll read the file names from the old card, and crash when you try to run something.
Ok, thanks for clearing it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back