Gmenu?

abertalia

Website
Visit site
1. Is it easier? It sure does look nicer but how do I go about creating direct links to apps like it said I could?
2. Installing/Uninstaling? Installing I guess wuldn't be too hard...it's the uninstalling I'm worrying about. For example: I have a sandisk 1 gig sd card (Which I would Install the GMenu on) and a 512 Payback game sd card which will fell to load if it has anything else on the card besides the Payback game....so whenever I want to switch cards would I have to redo the firmwares and risk flashing the thing?? :blink:
3. Do you have it? Why do you prefer the gmenu better? Should I get it? Thanks....

1. yes, and to create links, just hit select (and it will say ad link in....)

2. Installing it requires a drag and drop of 2 files, and enabling autorun... and un-installing requires deleting the files (and to use it with multiple sd cards, install it to the nand)

3. i use it, and like it cause it dosnt require searching through folders, its easy to change the bg, and customize, and has tons of useful features, i recomend it

Read the Readme.txt and check the Gmenu2x site. The installation is very simple (like most GP2X software), and it keeps all its files in the Gmenu2x folder on the root of your SD. Don't install it on your Payback card, what would be the point in that?

- Alex

Be careful when installing to the nand. You need to open autorun.gpu in a text editor and point the cd line to the nand. If you don't do this, you'll boot to a blank screen (this is a scary experience for noobs but easily fixable).

I presonally prefer having gmenu2x on the SD.

Hi, Thanks everyone for your answers. I have just one more quick question I forgot to ask.

Suppose I created a Section and I wanted a picture to mark the folder just like the origanal ones do. How would I do this?

create the section, then in the gmenu2x folder, go to sections, and in there put the icon you have, and name the icon the same as the section (i believe it should be a .png)

on your comp (there isnt an option to do it on the 2x, but you could always put the icon on the 2x, then move it to the sections folder) but that would be a waste of time imo

Ok! Cool! I got the icons to work on it....but now I ran into another problem. Whenever I choose a file to use on a category besides the origanal catagories, I get a blank, black screen and nothing else happens...Does anyone know what I'm doing worng?

Do you mean that you can see the shortcuts in the new section, but that they are blank when you launch them?

Just put gmenu2x on your SD cards (not Payback), its not a firmware so it wont cause problems with anything.

Its easy to make the links for programs, if you press select in the menu you can choose "Add a link in [whatever section]", or theres also the "scan for applications and games" which automatically adds the links for you.

Then if you feel like it you can set the clockspeed, icon, and volume options, which IMO is a big plus over the default menu.

For my Payback SD, I put this autorun.gpu file in the root:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd Payback
./Payback.gpe
That way it boots up Payback automatically (you can bypass this by holding start + select during boot).

edit: Your screen is blank because you haven't added any shortcuts to those sections.

Back