Help

karmaKid

Still Fresh
Can anyone help?

When I boot my GP2X up without and SD card onboard it runs a full boot sequence, but ends up on a black screen - the GP2X is totally unresponsive.

When I boot with an SD card in it cheerfully boots to Gmenu2X and I can run anything from Gmenu2X, yet when I exit Gmenu I get the back screen again, and the GP2X is completely unresponsive.

I can read the SD card fine via USB, and this is happening with both 1.1 and 4.1 firmwares.....

Help! I'm confused! :blink:

We all confuzed too. Turn on the internet connection switch on your gp2x so we can test your device online. :)

EvilDragon said:
Sounds like the original gp2xmenu is broken.

What FW do you have?
Well, it stopped working with the firmware version it came with at Xmas, but I upgraded it to 4.1.1. when the fault occurred in the hope that it would sort it, but it didn't.

It is still running 4.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a full reflash of FW 4.0.0 (if it was shipped with that FW) or FW 4.0.2 (if it was shipped with that one).

Do a normal flash, EXCEPT FOR gp2xboot.img. Don't put that one onto the SD Card!

For a normal flash, copy everything onto the card (except the gp2xboot.img, as mentioned above), put it into your gp2x, press and hold START + SELECT while switching it on until "Upgrading Firmware" appears.

This could work. If not, you need to run the NAND Bad Blocks Fixer by Orkie first.

Thanks ED, I'm not too confident about these things, but I'll give it a go!

KK

Well, ED.... I did all that stuff and now I have almost everything working on Firmware 4.1.1....

BUT I now have no front end (or anywhere else for that matter) touchscreen support!!!

Grrrrr..... anyone got any ideas how I can fix the touchscreen???

Well, the 4.1.1 frontend changed a bit about the touchscreen thing.
If you didn't upgrade exactly according to the instructions, this might be what happens.

Back