Gmu 0.6.2 Released!

wejp

Website
wejp.k.vu
Gmu 0.6.2 released!

Release highlights:

* Lyrics support: Both lyrics embedded into ID3v2 tags as well as lyrics in seperate text files are supported
* More precise volume control
* Two new skins: "Window" skin and "Yellow compact" skin

gmu_yellow_skin.png

gmu_window_skin.png

Very good! Now GMU is the perfect audio solution for me on the GP2x.
The ID3 lyrics implementation works great. The track number bug is also fixed in this version.
Many thanks, wejp!

Regards,
Stephan

GMU already did almost everything for me.

Can it Fast Forward or Rewind yet?

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Yod4z said:
Thanks for this update ;)

Is posible to add WMA supprt using this decoder?

I don't really like the WMA format, but if there is some interest in adding WMA support I might consider adding a WMA decoder. I'll have a look at the decoders (the rockbox thing and the one recommended by Reesy).

Juanisan said:
GMU already did almost everything for me.

Can it Fast Forward or Rewind yet?
Partly. Gmu supports fast forward/rewind for Ogg Vorbis, Musepack and FLAC, but not for MP3 yet. By default you can seek through a file using Stick click + L / R. Of course you can redefine the buttons for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I use wma is because thats the format Window Media wips CDs to, so having wma support in wejp saves me from having to convert the wmas back to mp3.

Its not a major problem and I could probably avoid the issue all together by getting some software to rip directly to mp3, but I thought I'd mention it just in case you were looking for things to add.

EDIT
Completely missed your comment on fast forward support in Ogg, very cool. Looks like I'll be using ogg from now on then instead of Mp3. Now I just need something to rip directly to Ogg. :S

Reesy said:
The only reason I use wma is because thats the format Window Media wips CDs to, so having wma support in wejp saves me from having to convert the wmas back to mp3.
Windows media player can rip cds to mp3 format as well (at least the version i've got can).

322760443.jpg

EDIT: Added picture.

Reesy said:

Its not a major problem and I could probably avoid the issue all together by getting some software to rip directly to mp3, but I thought I'd mention it just in case you were looking for things to add.

EDIT
Completely missed your comment on fast forward support in Ogg, very cool. Looks like I'll be using ogg from now on then instead of Mp3. Now I just need something to rip directly to Ogg. :S
You could use CDex for ripping your audio CDs. It supports several formats including Ogg Vorbis and MP3.

wejp said:
You could use CDex for ripping your audio CDs. It supports several formats including Ogg Vorbis and MP3.

Thats what I'm using. :) But I havent figured out how CDEX also writes ID3 Tags automaticly into the Files or use correct Song Name instead of the old, boring "Track 1, Track 2"....etc.... ^_^

I tested the player a little bit and noticed no random start crashes anymore when reduced clockspeed is selected on my F-200. Did you change something or is this just coincidence, wejp?

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I tested the player a little bit and noticed no random start crashes anymore when reduced clockspeed is selected on my F-200. Did you change something or is this just coincidence, wejp?

Regards,
Stephan
I fixed another bug, that did not have an obvious relation to the crashes, but might still have something to do with it. So the answer is: Maybe I changed something. ;)

so how do i turn on lyrics display? got the files
CODE
01 Clandestino.mp3
01 Clandestino.txt

in the same directory, wandered through the Gmu menus but still couldn't figure out how to turn this feat on.

Thanks for support,

Joe

sbock said:
Afaik 150Mhz.
That is correct.

jose said:
so how do i turn on lyrics display? got the files
CODE
01 Clandestino.mp3
01 Clandestino.txt

in the same directory, wandered through the Gmu menus but still couldn't figure out how to turn this feat on.

Thanks for support,

Joe
Actually there is no need to turn lyrics support on. It should just work out of the box. By default Gmu tries to load embedded lyrics first, then it tries to open a file with the same name as the audio file but extension .txt so your file names are just fine. Lyrics should appear on the trackinfo page right below the track details. You can scroll up and down to see all of the text.

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Please don't add wma support on gmu....

You may say I'm an extremist but people have to know that there are others format than mp3 and wma....
I use only ogg for my personnal rip but some friends of mine :unsure: use WMA. The problem is just i don't want to transcode :rolleyes:

Back