Gmu Gp2x Music Player V0.1.0 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
wejp coded a small but useful music player for the gp2x.

gmu.png

Gmu supports Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and various module formats (such as s3m, stm, it, etc.). It also includes a playlist and a file browser.

Download: GMU Music Player v0.1.0
Homepage: http://wejp.k.vu/projects/gmu/

This is pretty cool, thanks.

Dare I ask, is album art support in the future for this player?

I'll add that to my feature-request list.

This is nice and clean. Any plans for XM support (FastTracker II Module)?

Yes, there are plans for XM support, but I need to sort out some problems with xm playback through modplug on ARM cpu. I'm working on this.

CoinOp posted on Oct 16 2006 at 10:35 AM said:
Any chance you can add gapless playback? Thanks for this cool little player!
Seconded.

Last edited by a moderator:
xdreamer posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:53 AM said:
Until it gets added, oldplay should be able to play them fine (haven't tested myself)
You can find it in the archive

Micket posted on Oct 16 2006 at 03:46 PM said:
xdreamer posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:53 AM said:
Until it gets added, oldplay should be able to play them fine (haven't tested myself)
You can find it in the archive

Unfortunately oldplay can't do it either and hasn't been updated since January...

wejp posted on Oct 16 2006 at 02:29 AM said:
This is pretty cool, thanks.

Dare I ask, is album art support in the future for this player?

I'll add that to my feature-request list.

Yes, there are plans for XM support, but I need to sort out some problems with xm playback through modplug on ARM cpu. I'm working on this.

Many thanks!

Very cool! Modplug is finally here, on GP2X!
By the way, the player already can load XMs and even shows song's name.

But I found that IT playback is not very accurate (tested on Basehead's module "In my mind"). I always thought Modplug is very accurate lib. Is it really latest version?

One interface suggestion: is it possible to add key repeat? Would be useful while listing directories with tons of modules. And may be dublicate "B" button by "Joystic Push"?

Thank you, Wejp!

P.S. What about Modplug's reverb, gain, EQ, noise reduction?

Manwe posted on Oct 17 2006 at 08:33 AM said:
Very cool! Modplug is finally here, on GP2X!
By the way, the player already can load XMs and even shows song's name.

But I found that IT playback is not very accurate (tested on Basehead's module "In my mind"). I always thought Modplug is very accurate lib. Is it really latest version?

I'm using modplug 0.8 which I believe is the latest version.
There seem to be some issues with modplug on the GP2X which do not exist when running on a PC.
I'm not sure what the reason for this behaviour is. Maybe there is some floating point arithmetic in the XM playback code (haven't checked that yet) or it could even be the fault of the compiler (GCC 4.0 is pretty buggy).

One interface suggestion: is it possible to add key repeat? Would be useful while listing directories with tons of modules. And may be dublicate "B" button by "Joystic Push"?

I have just released a new version, where I have implemented the key repeat feature.
As for duplicating the B button by the joystick button, this is not possible as I use the joystick button as a meta key (for example pressing the joystick button and SELECT turns off the LCD, while pressing SELECT alone toggles between file browser and playlist).

Thank you, Wejp!

P.S. What about Modplug's reverb, gain, EQ, noise reduction?

I'll take a look at those features when I have sorted out the biggest issues with modplug (I hope that it is possible).

Besides the key repeat feature mentioned above, the following things are new in Gmu 0.1.1:

* Random mode (In random mode the items in the playlist are played in random order)
* Playback can be stopped with the X button.
* Single files can be played from the file browser without adding them to the playlist (A button)
* Music files can be passed to gmu on the command line. The files will be added to the playlist and playback is started automatically.
* Gmu now has a config file where a default path for the file browser can be set.

Webseite: http://wejp.k.vu/projects/gmu/
Download: http://wejp.k.vu/projects/gmu/gmu-0.1.1.zip

Redeeman posted on Oct 17 2006 at 05:10 PM said:
gcc 4.0 isnt really so buggy, its just more strict.

Those are two different things. There is nothing bad about being strict. But that has nothing to do with the bugs.

Back