Gngeo Emulation

DChang

Still Fresh
Hooray first post.
I've just recently gotten my Wiz 5 days ago, and I've been pretty happy with it.
But when I ran into GnGeo2x, I've gotten pretty frustrated at editing the rom.rcs or the rom files themselves.
I've managed to find working roms for Garou, Kof2000-2003, and all the Metal Slugs but 3.

At the moment I'm just trying to get svcplus, mslug3, and wakuwak7.
I've edited svcplus.zip to be compatible to a new rom.rc, but all I get is a gngeo running a gfx dump and when I
run it again, the screen turns black and switches back into the menu. :angry:

Can anyone help me out with this? and what MAME version roms does gngeo need?

Check out this thread where I explain how to get metal slug 3 4 and 5 to run and actually include a package of GFX dumps and rom.rc's. You might want to try to dump graphics for the other games with a windows emulator, or by using Dumpgfx: here's how to do it.
Also, you want to save rom.rc files in UNIX format. Use notepad++ for that.

Here's more info on how to properly dump gfx: here ya go. Note that some roms may have encrypted C or P files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I got Metal Slug 3 up and running! I'm guessing you still haven't found a solution to the missing borders eh?
Hopefully I'll learn to suck it up and enjoy then game. :ph34r:

I'm guessing I might need to decrypt some of the files in svcplus.zip and wakuwak7.zip.
Dumpgfx seem to fail me, it always gives me the unable to find/load rom.rc. I'll see how decryption/running goes today.

You should take a look in the rom.rc file that comes with DUMPGFX and make sure the files specified in there math the ones in your zip archive. It's a large list, but easilly editable.

Don't we wish GP2XTorrents are still around? :eek: It'll be so much easier. Too bad GP2X didn't catch on.

I wish, the Gngeo torrent is as good as dead now. <_<
But I finally have svcplus working! Apparently I needed some decrypted M and C files and some mix and matching from different rom sets.
Waku Waku 7 is just a pain, I think I'll save that for another day. Thanks for the help Twist. :)

DChang said:
I wish, the Gngeo torrent is as good as dead now. <_<
But I finally have svcplus working! Apparently I needed some decrypted M and C files and some mix and matching from different rom sets.
Waku Waku 7 is just a pain, I think I'll save that for another day. Thanks for the help Twist. :)

Hi Dchang, I'm new in here and tried to e-mail you about your working svcplus.rom and the wakuwaku7.rom that you are unable to make work

I myself know absolutely nothing about dumping/decrypting neo geo grafx or things like that, but somehow I still managed to make waku waku 7 to work just fine... but still, svcplus don't work doesn't matter which rom set I try (and yes, I managed to make waku waku 7 work just using a diferent rom set, or customizing one with a proper neo geo bios... frankly I don't remeber quite sure WHAT I did but was just messing around with the files in the wakuwaku7.zip and voila)

There's anyway that you could send me the dumps for svcplus and the romset you used to make this game work please? I could send you the wakuwaku7 romset that works for me (and the dump file that I use for it, although I never EVER did anything with it, nor replaced it from the dumps that came with the GnGeo for the Wiz)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ops, sorry folks, I ended up mixing the emulators and now I just realized that I was able to make Waku Waku 7 to work for the MAME emulator, not the Neo-Geo one

I'm really sorry for all of this but at least is a way to play the game in the Wiz right? ^^"

Anyway, thanks for the files DChang, I'm going to test them right now =)

Back