Gngeo For And Idiot

dave19711998

Still Fresh
I know this has been asked many times before but, can someone explain properly for me, someone who has never used linux or programed in his life how to get this program working.

1: What is a script

2: how do i make them

3: what format and file extension to save them in

4: what name to give the folder that gngeo should be

5: what version of the bios to us. (I use the neorage x version)

6: do i have to recompile the rom that I use with neorage x

think of me as an idiot and you'll understand I know quat.

Theres no need to make a script, the gngeo i downloaded comes with a built in selector. I dont know what version that is, or if its been published. I put gngeo in the root directory of the SD card, and called it "gngeo." Then put the roms in the "roms" directory.

[EDIT] This gngeo has a selector.

Also dont forget to put the biosi as said in the readme.

Theres no need to make a script, the gngeo i downloaded comes with a built in selector. I dont know what version that is, or if its been published. I put gngeo in the root directory of the SD card, and called it "gngeo." Then put the roms in the "roms" directory.

[EDIT] This gngeo has a selector.

Also dont forget to put the biosi as said in the readme.

cool I sort of have things under control, except it keeps telling me that there is a sp2.sp1 file missing. Do I need a special set on neogeo roms? I have the neoragex roms and have put the graphics dumpfx files with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is because you need to have the neogeo bios unziped in the roms folder.
Your neogeo bios must have, i think, 15 files.

This is because you need to have the neogeo bios unziped in the roms folder.
Your neogeo bios must have, i think, 15 files.

I found out that it was looking for files not in the 4 bios files I had. I have it up and running, just need to get the sound working.

thanks for your help dude.

For sound, just edit Gngeorc file (in 'conf' folder) and change:

# Have sound?
sound false

for

# Have sound?
sound true

Hi, i get an error message when trying o load roms (specifically metal slug 1, x and puzzle bobble 2). It says there is not enough memory to load the graffics or something like that.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it and how to fix it?

yep.

you need the dumpgfx.exe from pepone (the gngeo dev - search the forum)
then you can produce from your zip file (for metalslug x this is probably mslugx.zip) an additional mslugx.gfx file. put both in the romdir and it will work fine then
it does for me :)

Hi, i get an error message when trying o load roms (specifically metal slug 1, x and puzzle bobble 2). It says there is not enough memory to load the graffics or something like that.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it and how to fix it?

Hi,

Metal Slug 1 and Puzzle Bobble 2 should not give you any out of memory errors.

You need to check that the .zip contents adhere to the naming convention in the file romrc in the main gngeo folder. There will be some dunps out there that just won't run, the latest mame dumps for example run, but the graphics are garbled.

As for Metal Slug X you need to get pepone's dumpgfx utility. Come and read this topic.

Also I have update the wiki page today.

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x

i did the gfx dump on metal slug 1 anyway, and i works now. Although i was withsound and so was rather messy. ;)

Thanks for the help guys

i did the gfx dump on metal slug 1 anyway, and i works now. Although i was withsound and so was rather messy. ;)

Thanks for the help guys

You mentioned dumpgfx. Is there a version of windows that does not crash when use for a rom bigger than say 12 meg. I have tried to get it to run with metal slug 2, x, etc and it just crashes and windows xp offers me the option to send a report, even does I am using the command prompt.

This is where I downloaded mine from, pepone is gngeo2x's author.

http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/dumpgfx_win.zip

If it's crashing it could be that you have a corrupt archive, have you tried extracting the contents of the zip to check.

I have tried this utility on several different roms and it works. Remember you only need to do it on the games that gngeo2x reports an out of memory error when loading.

Back