Gngeo High-end Rom Support

changing it to neobomb.cf didnt work so i changed it back its definatly reading and using the file since stuff like frameskip options works just not the country option

CyberAxe posted on Feb 9 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
changing it to neobomb.cf didnt work so i changed it back its definatly reading and using the file since stuff like frameskip options works just not the country option
Can I have a look to your neobomb.cf?

Last edited by a moderator:
pepone posted on Feb 9 2006 at 08:00 PM said:

here you are

neobombe.cf (UNIX format)

Code:
country usa
autoframeskip false

autoframeskip works

CyberAxe posted on Feb 9 2006 at 09:49 PM said:
pepone posted on Feb 9 2006 at 08:00 PM said:

here you are

neobombe.cf (UNIX format)

Code:
country usa
autoframeskip false

autoframeskip works

Ok forget all what I've said
Some variable cant be overided for now :(
it's sound, samplerate, raster, country and system
This bug will be corrected in a future version

right, i just re-found this topic (i was writing gnneo and i didnt realise..)

I am going to try out the dump.gfx tomorrow, sounds not so good with mslug, but isnt it amazing how well it works ALREADY!??! flippin heck, i was expecting metal slug to be one of the LAST games to be working on an emulator.

Its quite funny really, mario bros 3 on the nes was beat by metal slug on being released first! crazy...

Well, i will let you guys know how i got on (if you are interested!) :) thanks for the input!

Good Gravy man! Don't gravedig! Moving to the correct forum ...

alright...

I got nowhere with the CMD thing. Kept giving me crap like "could not find file specified. i tried all configurations i knew, such as lower case lettering, all kinds of things like that, writing C:\ and also a variaion C: \

I got to the point where i put the path name, and directed to where i put dump gfx.. on the desktop. It gave no error then. I typed dumpgfx mslug.zip .. said could not do anything or could not find file or invalid command..

so i just did the "open with" method, and there was a pause, and a gfx file was created... however, is it supposed to be 0kbs? also, i am a real idiot with this kind of things, windows sucks aswell. i liked my old amstrad "press play on tape"..

So where do i put the gfx file? im really looking forward to getting it working! So looking forward infact that i have overlooked things probably.. sorry about that..

GpDogg posted on Feb 24 2006 at 11:49 AM said:
i have overlooked things probably.. sorry about that..

Two things at least. :(

Your topic here. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26150

and your other topic here. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26163

You only dump the gfx files for the roms that give an "out of memory error" when you try running them. For example Mslug 1 doesn't need to have a gfx dump. Mslug X, 2, 3, 4 & 5 all do.

T.B.H. I think you should wait until the next release of GnGeo2X as it will make gfx dump files when you try to load a rom that needs one. Or at least return to topics that you have started to see what replies you have had. ;)

yeah, im trying to gather and organise all info i get.... hopefully i will get clued up on all this :)

Well, the dump gfx worked. i know that i dont need to dump mslug 1, coz that worked. However, i just wanted to run mslug 3 etc but "out of memory" things happened. SO, i proceeded to find out how.

I am going to give up, i made a dump gfx thingy, and it was a proper file size (not 0kbs) more like 33,547kbs, which is better :) I have no idea where to put these, so i put the rom AND the gfx in the rom folder, it wasnt recognised my the gngeo2s frontend.

WELL, ive kind of had enough of this kind of thing now, its usually ME showing people how to build pcs and code things etc, but when its something SIMPLE which just bugs me, i take AGES trying to figure it out.
Im glad that the next release is going to sort out any problems etc, so i will just wait for that.
Heres hoping that itl be released VERY soon!

Thanks again you guys!

Sorry for my mongness on this one :(

GpDogg posted on Feb 24 2006 at 02:04 PM said:
Well, the dump gfx worked. i know that i dont need to dump mslug 1, coz that worked.
Then you perhaps you shouldn't have posted this...it won't help you get to the right responses. :p
GpDogg posted on Feb 24 2006 at 11:49 AM said:
I typed dumpgfx mslug.zip ..

Are you using the rage2x front-end?

If you are it has a list.dat that contains the names of all the games playable in GnGeo2X. If you open it with a text editor like programmers notepad you will see something this:

METAL_SLUG_–_SUPER_VEHICLE mslug
METAL_SLUG_2_–_SUPER_VEHICLE-001 mslug2
METAL_SLUG_3 mslug3
METAL_SLUG_3_(NOT_ENC) mslug3n
METAL_SLUG_4 mslug4
METAL_SLUG_4_(BOOTLEG) ms4plus
METAL_SLUG_5 mslug5
METAL_SLUG_5_(BOOTLEG) ms5plus
METAL_SLUG_X_–_SUPER_VEHICLE-001 mslugx

Your Metal Slug 3 .zip will need to be either called mslug3.zip or mslug3n.zip in order to show up as an available title. :) If you have renamed the .zip to say something like Metal Slug 3.zip it won't match and it won't show as available.

You can add and remove titles from the list.dat as you see fit.

There are topics already open with useful information in them. If you look at your topic Gngneo Is Cool, Understanding the understandable you will see that they have been linked to.

Latsly more talk about rage2x is here.

:)

Back