Go Figure... Warranty Runs Out, Gp2x Dies...

GeminiDomino

So yeah, just tried to fire up my 2X to play some NES or SNES, and what happens? White screen, colored lines. Replaced with fresh batteries. Same thing. Somehow this thing fried on me.

I guess I'll check the for sale forum to see if I can get a cheapy replacement. If not, I'll have to stick with the crappy emus on the PSP...

Alex. said:
What if your rechargeables are dead? That can happen!
They're not rechargables. They're the Lithium AAs and they're from a fresh pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeminiDomino said:
Vimacs said:
well, send it in for repair?
To whom? GP32z.com, where I bought it, closed down. Who does the repairs?

EvilDragon might be able to do it?
Could just be a single blown component that needs replacing (hope so).
Good luck :(

EDIT: You not got a power supply to test it with?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
GeminiDomino said:
Vimacs said:
well, send it in for repair?
To whom? GP32z.com, where I bought it, closed down. Who does the repairs?

EvilDragon might be able to do it?
Could just be a single blown component that needs replacing (hope so).
Good luck :(

EDIT: You not got a power supply to test it with?

Power supply does it too...

Now I just have to figure out how to contact ED. Hopefully he can tell what it is before I have to ship it to Germany...

its most likely just the ltsk... that little bitch always likes to blow...
Ed fixes those quite cheaply, just pm him.

GeminiDomino said:
Power supply does it too...

Now I just have to figure out how to contact ED. Hopefully he can tell what it is before I have to ship it to Germany...
You can contact him no MSN at EvilDragon1717@hotmail.com

Well, doesn't sound like the LTSK, most devices with a broken LTSK still run with an AC Adaptor...
You could try setting the AC Adaptor to 4,5 Volt (don't worry, this won't fry the gp2x, just be sure to have the correct polarity).

It could also be the NAND. Do you have a breakout-box to try to recover the U-Boot?

EvilDragon said:
Well, doesn't sound like the LTSK, most devices with a broken LTSK still run with an AC Adaptor...
You could try setting the AC Adaptor to 4,5 Volt (don't worry, this won't fry the gp2x, just be sure to have the correct polarity).

It could also be the NAND. Do you have a breakout-box to try to recover the U-Boot?
I have a "universal" AC adapter I could use to test this. Could you remind me... It's center-negative, correct?

I don't have a BOB.

GeminiDomino said:
I have a "universal" AC adapter I could use to test this. Could you remind me... It's center-negative, correct?

Yep, Tip is negative.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
GeminiDomino said:

Yep, Tip is negative.

!!!!

At 4.5V it works. What does this mean?

Back