Goldeneye Doom Ii Wad!

I cant seem to get this to work, i launch doomgp and select doom 2 (ive put the file in the DOOM folder in my GAME directory) and everytime i try and run it it stalls.

MrEMan, which Version of Doom have you got? I was getting the same problem but I figured out that I had a older version of Doom. I had V8 when I think it needs V9 to run. Also you could try installing gpDrive from the Beta Testing Section and then uploading the .wad. You could always try putting up the Boot Messages and I think they will tell you what's wrong.

Good Luck!

MA :lol:

This sucks (not the game my situation). I have to re-buy my Gp32 cause finally the interesting shit is hitting the fans. I just want a wonderswan emu that goes full speed (Final Fantasy). I am not impatient, I sold it for the joystick wasn't up to par to even the NES, the joy doesn't really click in the corners, so its like a 4-way. The nes style is better. If someone makes a MOD for a d-pad I would re-buy the GP32. What other crap has been release recently, beside open snes9x?

wraggster posted on Feb 4 2004 at 07:07 PM said:
Could i ask the author if this Total Conversion would work on any of the Dreamcast Doom Ports?

Or is it a GP32specific release

Great News anyhow :)
I have no idea, but I would presume it would work. It is just the same as the original Doom 2 wad, but with graphics, sounds, music, levels etc replaced, so it should work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mr twit posted on Feb 4 2004 at 06:36 PM said:
Thanks for all the good comments :D

Sorry about the transporters, I completely forgot about them :D !
I'm looking to make another total conversion, but haven't found anything that looks worth converting. Anyone know of any really good TCs that haven't been GP32ized yet?
a serious sam could be cool :)

mr twit posted on Feb 3 2004 at 06:18 PM said:
I have just finished my conversion of the Goldeneye Doom 2 wad from this site, for the GP32. Like Falken80's wads, it will run independently, without needing the original Doom 2 wad. I have done a lot of work on it, as the original authors had left it in a bit of a mess (no offence! :p ), with lots of sprites missing, music not working and all the weapons were screwed up.

BTW, I know the KF7 Soviet fires too slowly, but it replaces the single-barrelled shotgun, so there was nothing I do about that.
Is there a way to make it as an extra wad rather than having to re-name the "DOOMII" wad all of the time? I like the way DRUMASTER does it like that this way I can have more than one wad on a card. Doesn't it make the file a bit smaller too?

Also would it be technically possible in the future for the main doom program to be patched to load wads that are zipped? They are so freaking big that you can only fit a few on a card.

What would really be awesome would be an ALIENS wad. running around the ship and colony blowing "bugs" up would rock :p

But it's not an alien wad! :blink:

There are only a few new sounds and new weapons (not all of them)
The level are the same one and there still is the trooper from Doom...

You can easily find levels of Alien TC on the web.

It's really a very partial beta version... ;)

Back