Good Bye Ds

Yeah Bast if you look a few pages back, you'll see I said I would gladly list the PSP faults if someone wanted, but being a DS thread I mentioned why I didn't like it ;)

Really in the end threads like this are pointless... why don't you all just go buy the system you like better and leave everyone else alone? Why do people have to get so worked up and sometimes, so personal when just trying to tell someone they do or don't like some system?

Y'all need to spend less time griping at each other and more time playing some damn games :)

I agree. U should go out and get the handheld that appeals to u and do it on ur own accord. As for games on them both, they will get better and there will be more that use the handhelds hardware to the max. Im looking forward to Tokyo Highway Racers on PSP no just because it looks good but because it was one of my fav games on dreamcast. As for DS, well theres rayman DS which looks good and things like another code,etc. If only DS had had a stronger launch line up in USA and Japan then it would be selling better. although there is an abundance of DS games, im sure nintendo are getting onto the problem and we can see new and better games for it soon.

bast525 posted on Mar 5 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
Really in the end threads like this are pointless... why don't you all just go buy the system you like better and leave everyone else alone? Why do people have to get so worked up and sometimes, so personal when just trying to tell someone they do or don't like some system

i wonder where i heard that before?

oh yeah

nova posted on sometime when nobody was listening said:
PSP, DS, GP32 and <Im gonna regret this :unsure: > Gizmondo can all live in peace. if you like one better, go and buy it, just dont tell others in a thread "oh i dont like it cos it has crap graphics."
Decent arguments please?

and

nova posted on march 3rd said:
if you like one of the two get it, just dont have a go at the otherone

just my opinion

~Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree, I couldn't give a damn what other people buy, the only reason I posted at all in this thread is because some jackass titled it "Good bye DS, piece of crap" just because some games which have never been announced haven't come out yet.

kotd posted on Mar 5 2005 at 02:57 AM said:
Again LOL I was saying why I don't like the console. How can you judge the games when theres like 15 out on each system? If yes well than I say almost every PSP game that I have played is better.

i was making a general statement, nothing to do with you.

bast525 said:
Really in the end threads like this are pointless... why don't you all just go buy the system you like better and leave everyone else alone? Why do people have to get so worked up and sometimes, so personal when just trying to tell someone they do or don't like some system?

Y'all need to spend less time griping at each other and more time playing some damn games smile :) .gif

haha, yeah

bast525 posted on Mar 5 2005 at 04:39 AM said:

Y'all need to spend less time griping at each other and more time playing some damn games :)

Threads like this pointless? Had there been a thread like this around when I bought my DS, i wouldn't have bought it. These arguement threads, especially when you have people that own both, are better than any review.

It's my fault. I bought the DS when it first came out believing that something good would come soon. Had I know at the time that the only things to get released were mini games and frickin puppy times, yes I would not have bought it.

But these types of threads make it easy for anyone thinking about buying 1 or another system to make a better decision because the arguements are from real users of each system, not some reviewer that plays it for 30mins and writes a column.

I don't think there was any info gained from this thread that couldn't have been picked up just by looking the usual places i.e.: video game magazines and websites. But I guess if an argument like this would 'save' someone from buying a system they might regret buying later... well I guess *shrug* but considering this is probably the 4th or 5th thread like this where it just goes on and on and on, I stand by my statement that it really is pointless. And anyways, most of the stuff in these threads is just oppinion, not fact, so really I still wouldn't base any decision on a thread like this.

now that doesn't make sense, so every review is fact? no, everything is based on opinions, when it comes to games, nothing is ever truely fact. Even with the Game.com, it sucked, yes, but thats not a fact. I'm sure there are people out there that loved it and thought it was great.

If you've bought a game based on a great review, you based it on an opinion, not a fact. This thread alone has completely dissolved your train of thought just for the conversations regarding Mario 64. Some think its one of the greatest games ever, others, like myself, weren't so much impressed with it. So saying that Mario 64 is one of the greatest games ever is not a fact, that is unless 100% of the population agrees with it. Just because Gamepro said it was great does not make it a fact. A lot of people say Sonic R for the Saturn was horrible, but it is my favorite Saturn game, its all a matter of opinion, and to base your decisions in the gaming industry based upon facts, well then, your library of systems and games must be really damn small.

I would much rather make a decision based on an arguementative thread like this than a one person review out of a magazine. Real users making real comments is better than any review out of a magazine in my eyes.

Eh... the reason *I* personally would say Mario 64 WAS one of the greatest of all time is because the vast majority of people who played it seem to think so. Well whatever I don't want to start debating the 'rules' for determining which oppinions count as fact or whatever.... the fact is, Mario 64 sold like hotcakes, and *almost* every person who played it thought it was amazing at the time and one of if not the best game they had played up to that point. And it wasn't just *one* review... every magazine I read at the time gave it perfect or near perfect scores, every friend I had who played it loved it. IMO, all of that relegates it to "one of the best of all time" status. But I also stated in my much earlier reply, that this still doesn't mean it's everyones cup of tea, and for the DS defenders to stop just falling back on "well it has Mario! That's one of the best games of all time! So DS rules!" as an argument.

Anyways... I don't ever go by the scores given by magazines and websites. The 'factual' parts of the reviews come from the parts where they just talk about the details, a lot of that isn't oppinion at all, just descriptions of how the game works or plays. I take that stuff and form my own oppinion using that knowledge to compare to things I already know from all the games I've ever played. Many times, the score given to a game will not reflect very well, what the reviewer actually has to say about the game. Many times a game will be given a very high score but then you read the written part and see the reviewer listing all kinds of flaws or problems. Or be given a low score but then the reviewer will state he scored it low because the game just didn't have anything new or original, but that nothing was actually wrong with the game. As far as the DS goes... I don't think it would be hard at all to just watch the media and see that right now, the DS is seriously short on content, and many people would probably not be happy to own one because of this. So no, I still don't think you needed a 3 page long argument to see that. But whatever works for you dude... really, this is just another pointless argument (a pointless argument about pointless arguments... how fun).

If it makes you any happier, allow me to refine my statement. Threads like this aren't necessarily pointless or useless, but when they devolve into fanboy wars and just spiral on and on and on, then they become pointless.

Back