Gp2x Or Nintendo Ds?

Manjuu said:
cappuchok said:
... GB emulation is a joke ...
How so?

GnuBoy2x's GUI was definitely clunky and a pain to use, but the emulation was pretty good.

However, Lemonboy2x solved this major gripe. The GUI is similar to other emulators, and it is a big improvement over GnuBoy2x's. It even adds quite a number of features too, and emulation is pretty good as well.

So I doubt it's a joke. :p

Well Gnuboy has problems if you have more than like 10 ROMs at once on your card. The interface is a pain too.

Lemonboy is OK but has some bugs and it is slow, it needs frameskip to run allot (most?) of games. You shouldn't need frameskip or overclock for GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t believe someone said that SNES is better on the DS than on the GP2X. Point blank: It is not. Not by a long shot, not anywhere close and I would be willing to bet my left nut that its stays that way. Now, it’s certainly not perfect on the GP2X or the PSP depending on the game in question, but both are miles ahead of the DS in that department.

That being said, I think DS emulation, as a whole, gets a pretty hard rub compared to the other systems on the market right now. I think it should be approached as a supplement rather than the prime reason to purchase the system. Many of my favorite Genesis, Neo-Geo, GB/GBC, and assorted other systems can be played quite well on it. But if the commercial games appeal to you, and you are willing to invest in a slot 2 cart for GBA emulation, it’s a great system.

On the other hand, the GP2X has been nothing but a pain in my ass as far as the hardware is concerned. But once I got passed getting a system that ran things well, the MAME emulation alone made it worth owning and even the PSP cant hold a candle to it in that department. It’s a hobby system, make no mistake, but I do find myself giving it quite a bit of my attention.

It boils down to what you want out of the system primarily. The DS and the PSP both have a decent library of games at this point and what system wins is a matter of preference, but the appeal may vary. The GP2X feels like an unruly stepchild in my collection that I see a hell of a lot of potential in. I will flat out say that I have been much more impressed with the homebrew that came out of this system than with any other I have owned, but its given me a lot of grief at the same time.

If you do get a DS, I would recommend highly that you check out Chou Soujuu Mecha MG if you get a chance, because I think its one of few defining games on that system. But I would also say save up the pennies for a Pandora or at the very least a GP2X or PSP for the emulation end of things.

also, I am drunk ATM, so take all of that with a grain of salt.

Back