Good Snes Strategy Games?

i was actually looking for both these past couple of days. after playing actraiser i was thirsty for some more challenging rts stuff...here's a short list. some of these games have sequels too. also some exist for other platforms, usually amiga.

aerobiz
cannon fodder
civilization
king arthur's world
liberty or death
lost vikings (sort of lemmings-like)
krusty's super fun house (like lemmings but way better imo, more of a platformer)
metal marines
pacific theater of operations
sim city 2000
theme park
utopia
war 2410
worms

sim city and populous were already mentioned. harvest moon is kind of a sim game.

i wish someone would do a good translation of tactics ogre..that game looks amazing to me.

See if I can think of any not on rokdcasbah's excellent list...

Mega-Lo-Mania
Sim Ant
Sim Earth
Powermonger
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2/3/4
Gemfire
Uncharted Waters

Turn-based Strategy:

Super Conflict: The Mideast
Monstania (get a translated version)
Ogre Battle
Fire Emblem (translated)
FEDA (translated)
Bahamut Dragoon (translated - doesn't work great without transparencies though)
Front Mission (ditto on the transparencies)

Also note there are improved sequels to Populous, PTO, War 2410 (3010) and Aerobiz.

The most like Sim City are Utopia, Theme Park and Civilization, all excellent games.

There is of course "super famicom wars" the predecessor to the classic Advance wars.
The genesis/megadrive had some great strategy games (Dune 2, Herzog zwei, warsong).

super conflict's supposed to be good on snes, i recently picked up the cart actually.
and anoter second for warsong on genesis, supposed ot be god if you like advanced wars. note that i still personally haven't played eiter yet...

military madness for PCE!!!

Back