Good Techno...

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
Does anyone here know of any good techno bands? i used to hate music..then i discovered techno :D soooo, i need to know of a few good "bands" (what else would you call em?) so i can ;) go to the local music shop and but them ;) :eek: :p or errr, i mean, use itunes...yes, thats it, i'll use itunes...

in short, tell me about some good techno!

Sven Vath....

by techno u mean techno and not trance?

....personally i like breaks :D

went to a shit hot night last thurrsday ... Bedrock it rocked!

ummmm...i'm confused... i do know there are several styles of techno...but i don't know what they are called... i do like chemical bros. dj shadow (<---some...), and scooter...

try listening to the "Stanton Warriors - Stanton Sessions" it's a bit of a mixture of styles, but if you like the Chems then this may be good for you. Or I'm into Radioactive man (first album is best) which is a bit of a breaks/techno cross. oh and then there's "waveform - waveforms" which is really nice and has trance/techno influences.

have a listen and tell me what you like and I'll try and point you in the right direction

ooh! Dj Shadow.... That's the guy with "Organ Donor"! love that one!
If you wan't something fun I'd surgest "Bjørn Svin" - You really get the feeling, that he's just playing around with stuff. I always begins to laugh... mostly because it just too wierd :D

BTW If you wonder about his name, it's danish - not that it matters... being techno and all.

if you're into ninja tunes - check out pest's album - necessary measures it's damn funky in a quirky ninja way...

ok, thanks for all of the replies... i hope the riaa doesn't come and sue the shit out of me...oh, wait, i am using ITUNES...here that riaa? ITUNES!! NOT kazaa :D

and i didn't HATE music, i just didn't like it that much...i am more of a video guy...but, in recent months i have become OBSESSED with techno and speakers...its weird...oh, i like classical and celtic (as long as there is NO singing!)

EDIT: oh, the reason i didn't like music is because of all of the pure shit that exists...i HATE YOU FILTHY FREAKING POP MUSIC!!! SOOOOOOO MUUUCCCCHHHH GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH DIE NSYNC!!! DIE BACKSTREET BOYS!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEIEIEIEIEIEIEIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! THEN BURN IN HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :angry:

Soulwax - 2 Many DJs: As heard on Radio Soulwax
Fatboy Slim - Big Beach Boutique

Need I say more .... ;)

The "techno" term almost sounds too american (no offense intended :)). Nowadays its subdivided into a myriad of genres. Including trance, house, drum n bass :) :) , breakbeat, jungle, bastard pop etc..

For me I would chuck some funky fresh beats on the dancefloor and I'm down bruddah :) (so the saying goes)

well, i am new to techno...as i stated above. i am ALL about calling things their proper terms...they have names for a f***ing reason...like, my mom got a pocket pc and she keeps calling it a palm pilot, to a nerd like myself that is PURE torture...consider it like this: you are playing gp32 on the bus or a train and some weirdo comes up to you smelling funny and says "gee kid, that sure is a neat gameboy!" how would you feel? not only is this a stranger, but they got the name of our favorite handheld wrong...i would use pepper spray, then while they are on the ground crying in pain i would proceed to kick them...

i am a violent person...hehe :ph34r:

is there any kind of a "guide" to the different names of techno? with some examples...or if someone could post the names with 2 or 3 reference songs, that would rock my socks off, as they say... actually now they just say something is "pimp"...sigh...i can't stand teenagers in america today...and i am one of them...it sucks..

for the funk go for:

Fatboy Slim and Freddy Fresh: Badder Badder Schwing - I think its free on Freddyfresh.com
Soulwax mix everyone you can think of.... both mainstream pop to underground. Should be all on p2p :)

Dillinja feat. MC Skibadee - "Twist em out" - Drum n Bass Anthem

Chemical Bros. - Block Rocking Beats - an oldie but goodie dance electronica (?)

Underworld - Live Album - Born Slippy, Cowgirl, King of Snake etc..

Royksopp - Melody AM - for chilled out moments

With these "choons" you'll be the coolest cat in class! :)

As for regular trance, have seen Mauro Picotto, Paul Oakenfold, John Digweed, Seb Fontaine, Jon Carter, Fatboy, - its all good.

Some dance/rock crossovers work quite well too. eg. Death in Vegas/Oasis, Orbital/David Gray, Leftfield/Afrika Bambaataa etc..

I think I've dropped too many names :)

lizard808uk posted on Apr 14 2004 at 03:54 PM said:
Dillinja feat. MC Skibadee - "Twist em out" - Drum n Bass Anthem

Chemical Bros. - Block Rocking Beats - an oldie but goodie dance electronica (?)

Underworld - Live Album - Born Slippy, Cowgirl, King of Snake etc..

Royksopp - Melody AM - for chilled out moments
you seem to be listing elements of my vinyl collection there....

Last edited by a moderator:
ok...i listened to some eurodance..and so far that qualifies for the official nerd of nerds certification of da shit (aka, it effen rawks!) and fat boy slim is pretty fricken awsome...

what style is the scooter schtuff? it might be DJ. scooter..not sure tho...

ooh, i also like some of the music from jet grind radio...even tho it has singing in it...sigh...

thanks for all of the replies! i hope no one comes knocking on my door trying to sue me...and if they do...ummmm, i'll be doing all people who fileshare a biiig favor :lol:

Well scooter would probably be descibed as cheezy trance soz ;)

This what i class as techno at the moment unfortunately no luck finding anything similar at the moment..(sorry about the poor quality there off some homevids i got on my site) If anyone can find me stuff i'd be very happy :) Wish i'd picked up some CDS when i was on holiday there :(

www.funke.co.uk/video/FullmoonParty1_NEW.wmv
www.funke.co.uk/video/fullmoonParty2_NEW.wmv

some dirty trance :)

www.funke.co.uk/video/trance_NEW.wmv

For a selection of free legit mixes (i take it your on broadband) across variety of genres of this type of music try http://www.bedroomdjchoice.com/
unfortunately the guys server went down wiping a lot of it out a week ago :(
I did notice today that under new someone had posted a full mix of scooter tunes....its right on the home page under 'latest'

incidentally if anyone likes deep dirty beaks / deep progressive house there is a wicked mix i downloaded off there 'ad hoc - the deepening' its bloody good!!!!

Sounds like the stuff they play at John Digweeds night Bedrock... chunky breaks rock :)

If you haven't already got it then you MUST and i mean MUST get Prodigys 'For the Jilted Generation' :)

hmmm...does anyone know how i can extract the audio from jet set radio? i can't find any of the songs on I('m really using kazaa)tuns ;) at least i can't find any that will download..grrrr...that is sum pretty kewl schtuff...

Back