Got a new pandora

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
Hello! 

I thought I would write about my new Pandora I got and honestly my first impressions on it. Well when I say new I mean used pandora, lightly used, and older model. It's a classic I knew that.. What I wasn't expecting was it to be a straight up first batch pandora. I booted up the os and it was Super Zaxxon 1 hot fix 5. Quite a difference then 1.62 I must say...

however, that being said I really do like the black case.. I like the matte finish and it does feel nice in the hands.. It's alot lighter too.  The case feels quite sturdy despite the fact I know these black ones were prone to issues. Its very interesting for me to be able to compare the cases of these pandora units, and just the feel of them all. I got the CC unit as basically a replacement for the ones I sent to germany to be RMA.. also I always wanted a classic since thats the pandora I fell in love with.. Its cool seeing the evolution of these little guys :D

Though I am very happy with my purchase. I got it for 203.(something) and it came with a carrying case a UK powerpak? (thing seems to work better then the chargers for the silver pandora  :wacko:  ) A spare battery.. I now have a couple of spare batteries guess i'll never run out  :lol:   I'm really impressed with it so far. Honestly with this colour I may pick up a black aluminum case for one of my 1ghz's...

I know understand why some of you can have more then one of these things...  :blink:

Still it's cool actually getting  a first batch pandora in my hands!  :eek:

EDIT: on a very happy note! My pandoras are in germany! YAY!   :D Awesome! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you understand how people can have multiple Pandoras?  Isn't this the third one you bought?

My pandoras are in germany! YAY!
How long did it take?

If you update the firmware I am very interested in your feelings on the performance of this model after having used the improved one.  Like a little comparison when doing your typical stuff.

wait, so you bought a pandora, because you rma'd the pandora, so you would not be without a pandora? Were there any withdrawal reactions in the meantime?

The charger is better in what way?

And here I am diligently saving up every euro for the Pyra... however, I do have a spare, which I touched once to reflash. Im hoping to never have to use it, once I get a Pyra.

wait, so you bought a pandora, because you rma'd the pandora, so you would not be without a pandora? Were there any withdrawal reactions in the meantime?
They start hitting me every time I think about sending mine in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still very happy with my two Pandora, both of them first-batch CC's, though I do get a bit jealous of you guys with the fancy fast new ones and all this talk of metal cases is really giving me a boner.  

Now you understand how people can have multiple Pandoras?  Isn't this the third one you bought?

My pandoras are in germany! YAY!
How long did it take?

If you update the firmware I am very interested in your feelings on the performance of this model after having used the improved one.  Like a little comparison when doing your typical stuff.
Nov25 it left the states it arrived on dec4 in germany clearing customs. So ten days. For the record I had one.. it broke I decided to get a second one for the wait of getting an aluminum case then RMA'ing it with the aluminum case added on at the time.. that... didn't happen in august so I just kept on using the second one.. The second one got the EXACT same issue as the first one.. I was a bit worried about that since their serial numbers were very close 887  and 895 or something like that. Well proved my worries were correct. So I had two broken pandoras and no way to do what I wanted to.. Got a notification from the boards of one for sale (sub'ed the trading section) It was on ebay.. lightly bid on it was in the lead.. Then the withdrawal hit and I went tooth and claw.. :blink:

Honestly the performance hits are only obvious in playing games. Not tetris lags a bit I've noticed... But over all for my needs.. music and typing Not much of a difference. However I reaaally do prefer the black case. It reminds me a bit of the old ibm notebooks.. and the fact I put linux on one I rescued from being destroyed in my school.. So theres some sentimental feelings things there. So I may be getting a black aluminum case when its all done and done. 

Back