Got Dracula X Working On Gp2xengine, But Wav Sounds Aren't Working

Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 01:04 PM said:
I got the game running but no sound. Their all in wav format.

afaik gp2xengine doesn't support wav audio which of course would cause your issue. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aimless_E posted on Jul 27 2006 at 08:34 PM said:
Bloodsack posted on Jul 27 2006 at 01:04 PM said:
I got the game running but no sound. Their all in wav format.

afaik gp2xengine doesn't support wav audio which of course would cause your issue. :)

what does it support then? or do iso's have no sound?

I read the read me file and iI thought It said it supported WAV?

Ahh! <_< sorry I was thinking of another PCengine emulator

If you followed the readme (same directory, nospaces, exactly the way its listed in the toc file, etc) then it must be your wav files. Remember Linux is case sensitive so check the toc file to see if its correct there.

If it still doesn't work I'll try it tonight so I can and see what happens to me.

Aimless_E posted on Jul 27 2006 at 09:52 PM said:
Ahh! <_< sorry I was thinking of another PCengine emulator

If you followed the readme (same directory, nospaces, exactly the way its listed in the toc file, etc) then it must be your wav files. Remember Linux is case sensitive so check the toc file to see if its correct there.

If it still doesn't work I'll try it tonight so I can and see what happens to me.

It the same iso, cue and wav files I use to burn the real PC Engine game, so it should work. I have a pc engine and played the game I burned many times.

GP2XEngine does support sound, but you will need to create or download a .TOC file (table of contents). Do a search and you will easily find one.

Vobbos emulator (HU6280) does not currently support sound, but its much better overall.

Back