Got F-200 Today, But Some Emulators Not Work

cucme

Still Fresh
Hi, just got the F-200 today, but some of the emulators not work

1. PocketSNES - work (need set the sound to off or sound on and sound rate set to 22050)
2. NES: GPFCE - Work
3. GNGeo2x BETA - Work (but cannot exit the emulator)
4. Genesis: DrMDx - Work (Same as PocketSNES)
5. MAMEGP2x -not work
6. SquidgeSNES - Work
7. GnuBoy - Work
8. GP2XEngine - Work
9. PicoDrive - Work

I guess those are timing issues, as the display has changed.
AFAIR Franxis already made some fix as MAME also didn't work with some FE units... anybody remember what that was?

cucme said:
Hi, just got the F-200 today, but some of the emulators not work

1. PocketSNES - not work
2. NES: GPFCE - Work
4. Genesis: DrMDx - not work
5. MAMEGP2x -not work
6. SquidgeSNES - Work
7. GnuBoy - Work
8. GP2XEngine - Work
9. PicoDrive - Work

Any one can help ?

Thats not good news. I thought it was 100% compatible. I don't think you can change the firmware as well, because than you will certainly lose the touchscreen feature.

Very curious how this thread will evolve.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
AFAIR Franxis already made some fix as MAME also didn't work with some FE units... anybody remember what that was?
I did a little change in the MAME GP2X v4.8 to solve some problems with some F100 MK1 consoles, but i doubt it could solve something with the F200.

If the v4.8 doesn't run with the F200 i don't know the reason... but it should be something easy to be solved (maybe the upper memory area access? the emulator uses it completely overwritting the 940 code)... Probably somebody with the F200 could do some tests to fix it easily... I'm not going to buy the F200... Regards.

Franxis said:
EvilDragon said:
I did a little change in the MAME GP2X v4.8 to solve some problems with some F100 MK1 consoles, but i doubt it could solve something with the F200.

If the v4.8 doesn't run with the F200 i don't know the reason... but it should be something easy to be solved (maybe the upper memory area access? the emulator uses it completely overwritting the 940 code)... Probably somebody with the F200 could do some tests to fix it easily... I'm not going to buy the F200... Regards.

Hi, Franxis

When i run the mame_gp2x.gpe , then blank screen.
(I can test for you , what can i do for you)

Thanks

cucme said:
Any one can help ?

This bug also appear sometimes with F100 GP2X. Is it systematic for you?
Do the stable version work?

The GNGeo2x 0.7 (stable version) same as the new version - (when exit the emulator , the f-200 halt)

The reminiscence 0.4 i haven't test .

Thanks

I sold my gp2x mk2 to get a f-200

I guess those idiots at gph just cant make a good console with no problems...

IM getting a PSP now...i dont like being a guinea pig with defective consoles from GPH

goodbye to this community and thanks to the devs

suppafly said:

IM getting a PSP now...i dont like being a guinea pig with defective consoles from GPH

You should have waited for the craiginator. I am for the very reasons you mention, GPH are plainly incompetent.

suppafly said:

Another GP2X fan retreats to the calm, homebrew-embracing waters of Sony Corporation.

suppafly said:

Relax ! I guess the compatibility problems of the F200 will be solved really soon... :rolleyes:

Honestly, if this turns out to be the only issue its seems pretty minor in the grand scheme...

But yes, bummer for the short term even if its not exactly a shocker.

housemonkey said:
Honestly, if this turns out to be the only issue its seems pretty minor in the grand scheme...

But yes, bummer for the short term even if its not exactly a shocker.
Agreed, The biggest problem will be to convince devs to develop for the F-200.
An updated OutcaST will be enough to convince me buying one :)

suppafly said:

You're totally wrong. It's not GPH fault, emulators coders used strange hardcoded optimizations expecially for memory issues. Something like this happened also on previous firmware upgrades but with less pain because there wasn't so many changes on firmware and none on the hardware.

Sell your F-200 and buy yourself a blind platform such a psp, and don't bother with stupid posts like your previous one. I hope that the one that will buy your f-200 wouldn't be such noob, you will be a good add to the psp community.

Bye...

BTW, D-Pad works like a charm, it's also possible to press more than one button and also all the buttons together so could be usefull to have another button like the previous stick pressure.
The LCD is better than the MK2 one, the visual angle seems larger.
The touchscreen seems also better than the DS one (i haven't tried a DS Lite so think the ds phat one if they are different), it's very accurate.
Bad things are that i can't find the TCP\IP, ftp and samba connection stuff on the menu and that there are no libraries for developers for the touchscreen. I wonder when GPH will release firmware sourcecodes...

for Franxis and other devs, when an emu crashes it do a strange sound, could it be a clue?

Back