Got my NAND erased although I run the OS on my SD card. How can I fix this?

Okok, was just a brief readthrough.

Maybe ed captures this thread then. I hope there is nothing electronically damaged.

Good luck!

I doubt it, but if there is a possibility that something got borked. I hope it isnt.. D: I just got this for replacement a few weeks ago i waited for months and the tax I paid was so damn high. :'(

Edit: Sigh.. Still no progress. I already tried formatting it using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (FAT32), Panasonic SD Formatter, Windows 7 default Formatter, and even tried enabling the boot flag in some of the formats. I know to add the (mlo) file first as well then add the u-boot file next (mlo just redirects to this, as its the real application that displays the pandora icon during boot up this is mandatory). Damn it running out of options here. Pretty sure it isnt the screen because the LED should light up even if it was the screen. I also know that the device is reading the SD-1 slot because I notice the additional millisec the left LED will have if the SD is inserted.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe pm urjaman, he might be able to help you.

Lighting the EvilDragon Signal!

I have yet to contact urja.. Just ED, but he says I need to use a Sandisk SD. I already used all my SDs and if he's right then all of them are incompatible.

Sorry to resurrect this thread.. Its been months.. and I miss using my Pandora. I still havent been able to fix it. :( Could anybody help?

So how exactly are you formatting your SD? It's very important to format it correctly, create FAT32 partition and copy MLO in one go. The boot ROM also seems to not like large FAT partitions, try with a 64MB FAT32 partition or so.

It also probably lost it's charge over all that time, you should connect a charger and give at least 15min before booting (pre-charging is done by hardware and doesn't need any loaders).

Other than that I've never seen anyone losing their NAND just by overloading USB host, you might as well have simply fried your board. You can probably unscrew the back and check for some fried parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a SD cards from the range 1gb,2gb,4gb,8gb,16gb. Hmm, ED adviced me to use Panasonic SD Card Formatter. I also tried HP SD Card Formatter as adviced from BeagleBoard Boot tutorials. As for the board getting fried. :( That feels bad because before my Pandora got bricked it just came back from RMI. And the SD Slot-1 light flickers when I do the combination.

Back