Got my new x86 handheld yesterday!

moxie

The voice of reason, sense and exasperation
Staff member
I am well and truly gobsmacked :)

HH16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice :) Never heard of that one! (whats the little paw-print button in the bottom right?!)

I've still got trusty old Atari Portfolio around for painful DOS sessions and hacking ATM machines (see Terminator 2).

jeff

The Paw-button is their version of a "Windows" or "Atari" button - Special modifier key to access special function, trigger F-key combinations, and so on. Playing on the "husky" theme, they are :) I've got a Husky Hunter 2, too - That looks almost the same, but is an 8-bit machine that runs CP/M.

Hehe :) Well, "Sänd" is, as Slaeshjag points out, the same as "Send" (actually, it is even pronounced the same) or "Transmit". The white background to the keyboard is actually a glued-on (or stickybacked) template for some sort of software in swedish. If I'm not completely misinformed, the guy who had it originally used it for logging when driving long-distance trucks, so that is some sort of cargo registering and reporting thing. Maybe. :)

Moxie: And, done anything interesting with it?

So far, not very much - Has had a wonderful run of a few weeks where either the kids or I have been ill :/

Back