Got Psp - But Waiting For Craiginator!

craigix said:
Really Dave? You are saying that posted video of T2 running with 44khz sound is unplayable?

I wish you would stop saying things like that. Your comments like that lead people to assume things are unplayable on the GP2X when infact, as the video shows, it is perfectly playable.
It can be pretty hard to tell from a low quality stuttering video just how performance is unless you're comparing 10 to 60 FPS. Honestly Amiga performance isn't 'unplayable' but I would have a hard time keeping a straight face trying to sell a gp2x to somebody for amiga emulation. Sort of like PSX or that n64 emulator that ran at 1 fps. There's things the 2x is good at and amiga is really not the best showing of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Really Dave? You are saying that posted video of T2 running with 44khz sound is unplayable?

I wish you would stop saying things like that. Your comments like that lead people to assume things are unplayable on the GP2X when infact, as the video shows, it is perfectly playable.
Well ok maybe it is a bit harsh. It is pretty choppy though. I guess some don't mind playing stuff at a high frameskip, and others can overclock much higher than me. So I guess while not very smooth on some units it is "playable". The GP2X kind of doesn't matter anymore anyway though as I am sure your new handheld will run Amiga near perfect eventually. Then is when fullspeed portable Amiga will be a reality :)

DaveC said:
The GP2X kind of doesn't matter anymore anyway
Oh, it matters :) Amiga emulation isn't everything you know.

craigix said:
The GP2X Amiga emu uses a 100% ASM CPU core and runs rings around the PSP one, it is substantially faster.

Just look at that posted video, it's only at 240mhz with top quality sound!

I don't need to look at the video craig... I have my PSP and my GP2X in front of me now and I KNOW which handheld runs amiga games better. "Running rings around the PSP" is simply completely untrue. But then I guess telling the truth doesn't fit with selling more GP2X's from your shop.

Or they updated the PSP one recently. The GP2X one is dead so eventually the PSP Amiga emu will surpass it.

But by that time the "Craiginator" will be near :) The PSP will really be a non-issue by then with it's ghosty, odd resolution screen. PSP what?

Back