Got Some N00b Questions Concerning Smash Gp

HUnterWren

Still Fresh
Alright, i only just found out about this game today, Ive been playing the psp version and here's my take on it so far. its a really kick ass idea, but not super quality, dont get me wrong, its still cool, but just needs alittle polishing. it kinda reminds me of an old custom fighter, i think it was called mugen, or something like that, where you could make you own fighters and make their moves and such. i guess what Im getting at, are there tools to make our own stages and characters? and if so what are they called and where can i get them? i think thats pretty much it.. oh yeah! anyone know if there is a way to throw or drop items after picking them up besides getting hit?

now i feel ULTRA noob,

anyways, i did some poking and found the editing pack.

thanks anyways, feel free to delete this useless post. >>

actually scratch that, Ive got even more n00b questions now.

whats a god program that rips sprites and/or sounds from, i dunno snes roms? or whatever is being used atm..
also i was still wondering about the item throwing thing..

allright you cant just rip sprites as far as I know. What you have to do is open the game up in an emulator and take screen shots. I am pretty sure you can do this using zsnes. As far as sounds I probably did this the hard way but I hooked my speaker line out into my line in on my computer and just recorded the sounds as they played. Its easier if you can find the sounds and sprites on line though. as far as throwing objects could you tell me what you dont understand? There are a lot of people on this board who have made more and better characters than me that could probably help you out more but I will help you as much as you can. Also I am updating my megaman character and I think this update is way over due. I hope to be done by the end of the week.

There are plenty of sites that have sprite rips but if you want to do it yourself, a reasonable easy way it to use an emulator that allows you to look at the tile data in memory (eg VBA).

Back