Streetfighter 3 On Gp2x

GP2X_Coder

Website
mysite.verizon.net
I have been a fan of mugen so I decided to make my own mugen type game from scratch just for the GP2X it's called SFM-GP2X here is an early screen shot. I am going to try and early release by December ( Christmas Present ) and a Windows creation kit early 2007 so everyone can make there own fighting games. As you can see I still have a lot of work to do but I have the engine pretty much finished. I am working on a method of loading/freeing images on the fly to overcome the memory problems so far its working perfectly. My frame rate is still in the 140fps range if everything works out correctly you will be able to have 2 on 2 just like the vs series and you can tag in and out on the fly.

sf3gp2x.jpg

SFM-GP2X = Sumpter's Fighter Maker GP2X

So what do you guys think good/bad idea???

Shikaku posted on Oct 25 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Just a quick question, this will be open source right? I want to make a new and very different game involving sprite loading like yours...

In any case, good luck on your project.

I will try and release the source if I can the core engine is part of a commercial program that I will be releasing to let you make any type of game for the gp2x without having to do any type of coding. So I don't know how I will do that yet because the source would have my program decryption files in it and that is how I protect my commercial apps. I just wanted to make something free and fun for everyone to play with :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Oct 25 2006 at 03:49 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Oct 25 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
sprite loading

Code then?

I think that should'nt be a problem. I just have to get everything in order first. I still have Salvaria to work on as well as 3 other games so when I start releasing games there will be quite a few of them that I hope everyone will enjoy. :)

If you want you can PM me with what it is you are trying to do exactly and I could try and help you out the best I can time permitting.

Good luck with your projects!

BTW is Salvaria going to be free? It looks very promising, and could be a good graphical RPG for the GP2X.

This is an exciting project. If you can pull it off, I think you need to change your username...it's very misleading!!!

naples39 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 04:49 PM said:
This is an exciting project. If you can pull it off, I think you need to change your username...it's very misleading!!!

Does anyone know how to change the username on your account without having to create a new one?

The only problem I have with MUGEN and other similar fighting game engines is that they aren't tight enough. I guess I'm spoiled by all the console and arcade fighters I have (love my neogeo!), but every time I play such a game, it feels kind of "off", and especially when there's stupid glitches that break the game.

If you were to try to make a rather tight engine, you should probably choose a game as a reference and try to get your game's engine really close to that one's. You're using the SF3 engine as a basis I assume? that's gonna be hard since there's a lot of things to keep track of and integrate into your engine. Good luck though.

And loose engine or not I'll still try it out :)

I envy you GFC

Ive been slowly working on a project simular to this for awhile (guess I can change gears and start another project) :( . Looks great so far you should post a video like you do for your other works so that we can see how she handles. :)

To change your username ask an Admin, or even a moderator, but I think only the Admins can change your username without your deleting your account.

If you just want his code for sprite loading, then uh.. thats not a lot of work :)

Sort by access count or latest-access, and unallocate 'oldest' artwork. Then after everythign has been loaded. simply verify all required images still present (not unallocated) and you're done. (If not all around, you either didn't find them all, or didn't have memory to retain them all.)

Piece of cake.

jeff

GP2X_Future_Coder posted on Oct 25 2006 at 08:11 PM said:
I have been a fan of mugen so I decided to make my own mugen type game from scratch just for the GP2X it's called SFM-GP2X here is an early screen shot. I am going to try and early release by December ( Christmas Present ) and a Windows creation kit early 2007 so everyone can make there own fighting games. As you can see I still have a lot of work to do but I have the engine pretty much finished. I am working on a method of loading/freeing images on the fly to overcome the memory problems so far its working perfectly. My frame rate is still in the 140fps range if everything works out correctly you will be able to have 2 on 2 just like the vs series and you can tag in and out on the fly.

sf3gp2x.jpg

SFM-GP2X = Sumpter's Fighter Maker GP2X

So what do you guys think good/bad idea???

Wow, this looks great I can't wait, gl with it... but thats a point why hasn't anyone ported Mugen to the GP2X that would be way past cool :D

Back