Gp And Gph

cxzuk

Still Fresh
I was reading the N64 post, and read ..

Epicenter posted on Sep 2 2006 at 05:28 AM said:
Price is mostly what it boils down to; but GPH doesn't seem to really know what components are important. I'm glad GamePark intends to use the S3C2460 in their future game systems; that'd supply a much faster ARM9 processor, a floating point/vector processor about as powerful as the GP2X's main ARM9 on its own, a programmable DSP, and a powerful 2D/3D accelerator. With enough RAM, N64 emulation at acceptable speeds would be feasible. Probably not close to full speed, but decent.

Could someone clear this up for me? Is he talking about the XGP? (Which is GP next handheld?) Or another handheld? I thought the two companies were completly seperate?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
They are; I'm referring to GamePark and not GPH. This'd probably be the line AFTER XGP but maybe I can convince them to go with it early .. since design is NOT yet complete apparently. I doubt it though! Wish me luck even convincing them to change screen resolution and control method...

Epicenter, tell me what to say to GP and I'll say it. Maybe if they see *2* people asking for the same things they will feel overwhelmed. Power in numbers!

g4m3r posted on Sep 2 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
I thought the XGP won't even be open-source. :huh:
There is going to be a free sdk for it.......

OMars posted on Sep 2 2006 at 11:27 AM said:
g4m3r posted on Sep 2 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
I thought the XGP won't even be open-source. :huh:
There is going to be a free sdk for it.......
Sorry, I don't keep up with any XGP news.

JaqMs posted on Sep 2 2006 at 12:04 PM said:
Epicenter, tell me what to say to GP and I'll say it. Maybe if they see *2* people asking for the same things they will feel overwhelmed. Power in numbers!

That for the greater benefit of existing applications, a wide array of GP2X emulator software, the display should be 320x240 or 640x480, a 4:3 aspect ratio .. and that a D-pad would be widely more preferred a method of control for emulation, homebrew development, and ports, since most software is NOT designed to take advantage of an analog stick, they are more complex to program for, they are a poor control mechanism for anything that isn't 3D, and most of XGP's software will be 2D in the end.

.. that mostly sums it up; I've got a longer list of suggestions but these two are right at the top.

Back