Gp2x As Music Device

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
Well, my birthdayparty will be given tomorrow, but my dad doesn't want to use his dvd player (cause the party is held somewhere else) Will it be safe to use the GP2X instead? (connected to an AMP ofcourse)

Since the party lasts 8 hours, it has to hold out for 8 hours non-stop play... Is this safe to do or will the GP2X eventually kill itself, cause it isn't made for this kinda stuff? :D

Thanks!!

-NoidZ-

NoidZ posted on Dec 15 2006 at 11:18 AM said:
Well, my birthdayparty will be given tomorrow, but my dad doesn't want to use his dvd player (cause the party is held somewhere else) Will it be safe to use the GP2X instead? (connected to an AMP ofcourse)

Since the party lasts 8 hours, it has to hold out for 8 hours non-stop play... Is this safe to do or will the GP2X eventually kill itself, cause it isn't made for this kinda stuff? :D

Thanks!!

-NoidZ-
I've used my GP2X for parties before.... I just hooked it up to some speakers and a woofer. haven't used it for 8 hours straight, but you probably wont' get your batteries to go that long anyways... i can't see it overheating. you will probably get a freeze or two over the course of the night but hey...just reset and go again!

Edit: I have gotten the stock player to work at 75MHz, so ya with the screen disabled you should be fine. How low has anyone gotten gmu or craigamp to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigamp seems fine at 100mhz, i'm about to release the final 2.0 which has a cpu selector.

I've never tried down clocking GMU.

Try the stock player at 75mhz with the screen off with double charged batteries (charge them, then recharge them) I bet you get 8 hours.

I figure the GP2x can do fine on a party, but be sure to bring a portable CD player or somesuch (and wire that to the amp using male-male soundjacks) just in case.. Oh and bring as many rechargeable batteries as you can. 3 sets should be fine for 8 hours though.. :p

Only problem you'll find is that you can only have that much music on your GP2x (depending on SD card size ofcourse)...

I've done 8-hour play intervals (and longer)... should be fine. But definitely plug the thing in.

purple_goat posted on Dec 15 2006 at 09:35 PM said:
how do you turn the screen off?

Press "Select" while playing music :lol:
---------------------------------------------

I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. I have 4 2600mAh batteries to drain right now. And about the music I'm playing.. Had to sort it out tonight, but I prefer not being drunk tomorrow but there are lots of MP3-DVD's here. From the people of Holland; Après Ski music from 18.00 till 22.00, the rest I'll figure out when I wake up and not have an hang-over :lol:

NoidZ posted on Dec 15 2006 at 07:18 PM said:

Thanks!!

-NoidZ-
Use a GP32 lol, but good luck getting 8 hours of music onto it :p

NoidZ posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:34 AM said:
purple_goat posted on Dec 15 2006 at 09:35 PM said:
how do you turn the screen off?

I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. I have 4 2600mAh batteries to drain right now. And about the music I'm playing.. Had to sort it out tonight, but I prefer not being drunk tomorrow but there are lots of MP3-DVD's here. From the people of Holland; Après Ski music from 18.00 till 22.00, the rest I'll figure out when I wake up and not have an hang-over :lol:
I hope you got loads of grolsch? :D :p

Back