Gp2x Booting Issues

nirj

Still Fresh
Hello, everyone. I bought a GP2x-F100 about two years ago, and after messing up an update after a few months of owning it (updated on batteries like a real smart person) I put it on the shelf for a while and have just recently started trying to make it work again. Last night I successfully followed the "how to unbrick most bricked gp2x's" guide (link) and got firmware v1.0.1 working. This morning i unpacked everything from the firmware version 3 zip file into the root of my SD card and let it upgrade. After the upgrade, the GP2x stops at the "welcome" screen.

I'm actually having two issues. The first is the gp2x stopping at the welcome screen. The second issue is that when i perform an upgrade, it never indicates when it's through. When i restored firmware 1.0.1 I had left the gp2x hooked up to the power supply overnight, and the next day it still said it was upgrading. I just turned it off and back on without the SD card and everything seemed to be working. When upgrading to version 3.0, I left the gp2x on the power supply for a little over 6 hours, turned it off and back on with no SD card, and now it stops at the welcome screen.

I know that serial logging is a great idea for all this, I just don't have a serial adaptor at the moment (or any other useful debugging tools such as jtag, etc).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
NirJ

Back