Gp2x Bricked?

mtaylor said:
Thanks for taking a look. Were you looking at a F-100 or F-200? Are the boards the same apart from the touch screen?

It was an F100 that I had to open for a repair anyway. But it was not mine and I've sent it back so I can't tell you more. Maybe you could ask Aaron1193 (or something like that) from this board, it seems his F100 is still opened up.

F100 and F200 motherboards are totally different, both for components and layout.

I really doubt the capacitor is getting hot enough to de-solder itself. What you are suggesting is very extreme. Heat may still be the culprit, however. It may be the case that cycles of heating and cooling could crack the cheap, brittle solder that was used in the manufacturing process.

After reading Squidge's posts, I tend to think that it's a combination of the wrong soldering process he mentioned, the heating up and cooling down during use (the total case inside heats up because of the heat generated by other components) and maybe a little shock for the last bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back