Gp2x Community Game Contest

Magnulus

Death of Rats!
Website
www.magnulus.com
The rules and guidelines for the GP2X Community Game Contest are now set in stone, and we hereby declare the contest officially opened! Deadline: 11th of December! Donate now!

After Gamepark Holdings first released their contest's rules, there was a period during which said rules were heavily discussed, mostly not including any kind of positive feedback on the rules. They were unclear, open to more interpretations than a book of religion, and prone to inconsistencies that could either be bad English or GPH being sneaky-devious.
[CUT]After a while I, Magnulus, decided that enough was enough, and

We Have A Lock!
After a little under a month of forming and discussing the rules of the community game contest in the forums of gp32x.de, we have now locked down the final rules and uploaded them to the Contest Website, along with some general guidelines for a number of things. If there is anything you wish to know more about, send an email (address found at site) or send me or PSyMastR a PM with your question. We will be building a FAQ to answer questions you might have after reading the rules.

Some direct information you might want to know right away:
Deadline for judge applications: September 1st, 2006.
Deadline for entry: midnight (gmt -5) December 11th, 2006.
Entries released for download: max 1 week after December 11th.
Winners announced: 12th of January, 2007.

Donate Now!
As this is completely community administered, we are very dependant on your donations to the prize pot. You can donate anything from a single euro (anything less will be almost completely eaten by Paypal) and you will be added to the list of donators as well as the weekly update of people who have donated. If you donate more than 500 Euros you will get a nice, big banner at the top of the list. Just make sure you include your website's URL in the comments field of the donation so we can link to you.

Example of banner: (Don't worry, you can design the banner yourself. ^_^)
contestbanner.jpg

width: 166 height: 56

Thanks, guys!
Finally, I just want to thank PSyMastR for joining up as an administrator, discussing things with me and making the website. You're a patient man (as is anyone who can put up with my incessant nagging in MSN.). I also want to thank everyone who helped us make the rules as simple, concise and pleasing as possible. Especially Dzz and X-Code, who both put a lot of effort into finding discrepancies in the rules as we went along. Epicenter, Nickspoon, Orkie, Yono, Wite Noiz etc etc etc also deserve thanks for involving themselves in this competition.

Now Get crackin' with those games, geniuses![/CUT]

UPDATE!
If you donate 50 Euros, you get your name in bold.
If you donate 200 Euros, you get the banner shown in the first post.
If you donate 500 Euros, you get a double-sized banner from what's displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup Yup. Its officially on an kicking. Good luck to anyone who is going to enter, Im sure your games will be great.

Sweet, it's official now. Good luck everyone!
*goes back coding and eating cold pasta*

edit: Taglietelle and basic physics finished. Nice.

Very interesting. I just found the contest website the other day, and now this. Hopefully you will be able to accrue a nice prize pot before december.

Cheers

Well, Im going to update really soon, I checked the email account, and the prize pot basically doubled.

I also like the fact that this contest is for Original Homebrew Games ONLY. That way someone who creates a simple shoot'em up doesn't have to compete with a GBA emulator; or that a one level platformer isn't up against a port or another platformer.

I think I might enter something in this. December seems so far away.

TyBO! posted on Aug 2 2006 at 06:51 AM said:
You get a banner for donating 500 euros??? Seems a bit steep. Was that supposed to be 50 euros?

Not really, no. It was meant for distributors and other interested websites.
Should we maybe add one for smaller banners so that relatively wealthy individuals can also get one?

Magnulus posted on Aug 2 2006 at 01:40 AM said:
If you donate more than 500 Euros you will get a nice, big banner at the top of the list.
You gotta be freakin kidding :ph34r:

We talked about the 500 euro limit ages ago in the thread as well as putting it on the website, and no one complained for the duration of the discussion. However, I feel benign, and will do something nifty for you:

If you donate 50 Euros, you get your name in bold.
If you donate 200 Euros, you get the banner shown in the first post.
If you donate 500 Euros, you get a double-sized banner from what's displayed.

Sound good? I think so. And that's my final offer.

All sounds good to me Mr. Magnulus, I find the banner price reasonable as it is targetted at business-like investors that are likely to have that sort of money available.

How about adding a €100 text link option?

For the rest of you, get your name in bold :lol: ( only joking ).

If you have something for us to link to, Just put the link in with the donation and we'll link you. No lower limit to donations for text links. ^_^

Also: Dzz is officially the most rocking donator to date! 100 Euros! I'm your slave for the day, Dzz. ;)

EDIT:
If you donate over several payments, give us a note, and we'll make sure the total amount is what you're credited for.

The text link idea with no lower limit sounds good I guess ( check the links first though lol ).

Dzz do you plan to win this contest? :lol: ... In any case, that is a great donation, nice goin' Dzz B) .

X-Code posted on Aug 2 2006 at 03:02 AM said:
Dzz do you plan to win this contest? :lol:
Of course. Don't you? :)

Permission to include this in the news section in GPJunkies Magazine?

Back