Gp2x Community Game Contest

sam fisher posted on Aug 7 2006 at 06:57 AM said:
to .7 posts a day. I'm sorry. My posts are in integers only. It would be rounded up to 1. No, I was just defending myself from his accusation. Hi impied that my inabbility to let anything go got me banned. It was infact me calling rico corrupt.
30 posts in the last 24 hours. Back on ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit.
I'm sorry about this whole thing. I should have done what I usually do and taken it to PM right away in order to resolve the issue. Nobody needs to see two people squabbling in public, and I know that, so I have no idea why I fired it up myself.

In other news, I am currently working on that press release I've been promising. Look for the competition on Gametunnel, Indie Superstar and TIGSource one of the following days. If someone up there loves me, I'll be able to bug the Gamespot type people to put something up as well. Maybe Penny Arcade.

If anyone has any affiliation with any kind of site that would be interested, do tell. If you're a regular forum member at PA, for example, I think you'd have more luck than us in getting through to them.

Dzz posted on Aug 7 2006 at 02:09 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Aug 7 2006 at 06:57 AM said:
to .7 posts a day. I'm sorry. My posts are in integers only. It would be rounded up to 1. No, I was just defending myself from his accusation. Hi impied that my inabbility to let anything go got me banned. It was infact me calling rico corrupt.
30 posts in the last 24 hours. Back on ignore.
I go by the average :D I had no idea it was that many. Also, I will shut up now. Also it's not neccisarily that many...

Last edited by a moderator:
People please go back to topic! There is no need to flame people for things they wrote on other threads.

@Magnulus

Many thanks for your work to organize this competition.

Regards,
Stephan

Well I updated the site again, the only thing missing is the stuff for judge applications which I plan to make a seperate area.

How is this as a "press release"?

The GP2X Community Game Contest is on!

The rules and guidelines for the GP2X Community Game Contest are now set in stone, and we hereby declare the contest officially opened! Deadline: 11th of December! Donate now!

The GP2X is a handheld device designed for ease of development and with Linux as its back-bone. It has already attracted a lot of homebrew handheld developers, and is gaining an increased user base now that most of the kinks of the early versions of the machine have been ironed out. The Community Game Contest is an attempt to encourage the development of original content for the system, which in turn could drive more gamers and developers to the handhheld.

Some direct information you might want to know right away:
Deadline for judge applications: September 1st, 2006. (check site for info on applying)
Deadline for entry: midnight (gmt -5) December 11th, 2006.
Entries released for download: max 1 week after December 11th.
Winners announced: 12th of January, 2007.

Donate Now!
As this contest is completely community administered, we are entirely dependant on the people's donations to the prize pot. You can donate anything from a single euro (anything less will be almost completely eaten by Paypal) and you will be added to the list of donators as well as the weekly update of people who have donated. All donators will be given a link to their website if a link is supplied, but links will be checked for inappropriate subject matters.

Additionally, these bonuses exist for those who donate larger amounts:
50-199 Euros: you get your name in bold.
200-499 Euros: you can design your own banner at 166x56 pixels.
500+ Euros: you get a double-sized banner placed at the top of the list and alternately displayed on the front page of the site.

The rules say that you are allowed to announce your work before entry, as well as hold private beta testing. Is the posting of screenshots allowed?

- Alex

Yea, but the last update was on August 8th. Anywho it doesn't matter as long as the contest is still up.

- Alex

Sorry, I haven't updated the site, I was away, there were 2 donations since the last update, if you dont see an update dont worry, the contest is still underway.

Now that the deadline for applying to be a judge has passed (it was August 31), how does the judging pool look?

Any luck with approaching potential corporate sponsors?

Magnus was handling the corporate sponsors and the judging pool... not so much. I think we have a total of... 2 requests to be judges, and only one of them sent in a sample review. The other just asked what the criteria was to be a judge. So I’m going to have to talk with Magnus about what the situation is.

EDIT: But dont worry, if its 3 judges, then its 3 judges... I know me and magnus will do anything to keep this competition sucessful and moving. :) Rest assured.

Back