Gp2x Community Game Contest

PSyMastR posted on Sep 10 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
Any Ideas on how to hype this thing?

Firing off a shotgun out the front of a bowling alley?

Ah, but seriously, having one sticky thread in one forum is the bare minimum we could be doing. For example, it could be integrated much better throughout gp32x.de - ie a banner on the frontpage.

Also, maybe a banner on craig's site gp2x.co.uk(?). News stories everytime the prize pool passes a mile stone, eg. "GP2X community raises $400 for game contest" which would be posted in news, and then that would spread to affiliate sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSyMastR posted on Sep 8 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Magnus was handling the corporate sponsors and the judging pool... not so much. I think we have a total of... 2 requests to be judges, and only one of them sent in a sample review. The other just asked what the criteria was to be a judge. So I’m going to have to talk with Magnus about what the situation is.
I think having to write 15 reviews might be putting most people off. The sample review was shortish but x15.. that's a lot of writing!

I think your best bet is to extend the judging application deadline to December 1. I don't see any real reason that you have to have your judges three months before they have to judge anything.

True, Ill talk with him about it.

EDIT:

subcon959 posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:13 AM said:
PSyMastR posted on Sep 8 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Magnus was handling the corporate sponsors and the judging pool... not so much. I think we have a total of... 2 requests to be judges, and only one of them sent in a sample review. The other just asked what the criteria was to be a judge. So I’m going to have to talk with Magnus about what the situation is.
I think having to write 15 reviews might be putting most people off. The sample review was shortish but x15.. that's a lot of writing!

The judging reviews won’t be that extensive, we just wanted to know if you could review a game and analyze it properly, that’s what the sample review was for.

I talked with Magnus, December 1st is the new judge deadline, if you would like to apply, the same judging rules still apply, send in a short review modeled by the example review on an existing homebrew app and mail it to the email provided on the page.

I'll have to wait and see how my new job develops before I can decide if I've got the time to become a judge. Good to see the deadline expanded. :) Now get her up to 500$. Or 1000. B)

i have heared that after the official GPH contest, GP32spain will launch there own contest. More contest, more fun? ;)

LOL, this contest, the gp32spain contest, the offical one, the emuholic contest. ahhhhh too many contests lol.

Doh, sorry about that, usually it fowards all email from the official one to my inbox, but that one didn't. Im sorry OrR. Its been fixed.

PSyMastR posted on Sep 18 2006 at 03:04 AM said:
Doh, sorry about that, usually it fowards all email from the official one to my inbox, but that one didn't. Im sorry OrR. Its been fixed.

It's past the $400 euro barrier - post a news story to gp32x.de, and maybe even to places like slashdot and gamedev/gamasutra...

A bit of promotion would go a long way!

Back