Gp2x Emudownloader V0.1b Rc1

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
After a 2 days of work im releasing GP2X EmuDownloader v0.1b RC1

What is this: A win32 application which sync all your GP2X emulators on your SD card/GP2X to most recent versions.

Click on screen to zoom:

Features:
* Emulators auto-update straight from server
* Downloading and Extracting emulators [ from zip] straight to your SD Card/GP2X
* Full ZIP support

Urgent Update [0.1c RC2]
- Corrected emulator extract rom path

Download: EmuDownloader 0.1c RC2

BTW. Currently im editing the INI files on server, so the list of emulators is not complete

Cheers
StreaK

rememberthe8bit said:
Nice! But, how are you going to deal with emulators that need BOISes? This program will definently help people install emulators, but the most tricky ones usually require some kind of BIOS...
Im thinking about it. When ill finish INI file with updated emus, maybe ill add some bios'es to the links in EmuDownloader

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh... synaptic for Windows? Nice one streak! Linux port +1

BTW isn't it a lot of work to keep the data up to date?

b_o_b said:
Huh... synaptic for Windows? Nice one streak! Linux port +1

BTW isn't it a lot of work to keep the data up to date?
with emulators -> NO, but with anything else [ media players / homebrew games / apps for gp2x / sdks ] => YES, its a lot of work , so im only focused on EMULATORS, right now.

BTW. IMHO only emulators needs a syncro [ there a lot of crazy outdated stuff swirling around gp2x.de, so it needs to be cleaned ] , anything else is not so important. Homebrew games or application are not often updated.

BTW v2. I've updated a FBA emu to TEST 7 with Capex FBA in EmuDownloader. All you need to click on "Check For Updates".

Cheers

Great idea ; and seems like a very useful application.

Haven't got a chance to try it yet ; but what about the wip's and latest builds that have somehow been left aout of gp2x.de archive ? Such as ws2x beta 2 and most importantly (for me) the latest wip release of gnuboy that fixed the menu flickering. Does it include this releases ?

Are you going to auto update with unofficial builds and betas? The GnGeo betas are must haves for example. The enhanced versions of PocketSnes by HeadOverHeels are also definitely worth upgrading to.

Maybe some kind of warning dialog before going forward?

You could also have notifications of all new emu releases with option to install even if not currently on SD card. Just an idea.

Alghazanth said:
...what about the wip's and latest builds that have somehow been left aout of gp2x.de archive ? Such as ws2x beta 2 and most importantly (for me) the latest wip release of gnuboy that fixed the menu flickering. Does it include this releases ?

Soon, it will [ because i have no time to completely update ini files on server so you need to wait one day ].
BTW. Where did you found gnuboy wip with fixed flickering ?

imhotep said:
Are you going to auto update with unofficial builds and betas? The GnGeo betas are must haves for example. The enhanced versions of PocketSnes by HeadOverHeels are also definitely worth upgrading to.

Maybe some kind of warning dialog before going forward?

You could also have notifications of all new emu releases with option to install even if not currently on SD card. Just an idea.
As above, :D i will include almost all emus [ i'll get rid all oldest builds from gp2x.de ]. Btw all new updated emulators added to ini base will have "checked state ON", like recent FBA 7 TEST.

I haven't tried your program yet, but it sounds promising & useful. :D

Though I think the biggest problem for arcade emus is to have the correct ROM sets. :p

StreaK said:
BTW. Where did you found gnuboy wip with fixed flickering ?
You can get it from here: http://www.emuhq.com/idx/178/2588/article/GNUBoy2x-v07-.html

It only contains output.gpe, which you just have to rename and replace the old one.

his is really beautiful your software, but I would add a separate window to the emu, games or OS (qtopia or Gpe or Basilist-MAc) or other ultility. In so doing it would be less confusing and dispersive the list.
I hope you have been of help!
Hello

mdinire said:
Someone should make a ROMdownloader :ph34r:
You're too lazy :D. Dont you know? -> Google + FreeDownloadManager = ROMDownloader

BTW. Only thing i can do: i can provide some links with few homebrew / PD / Freeware games to each emu. For example i could add some games for amiga emu from Team17 or Factor 5 -> They re released games as freeware now. Also Tempest 2000 from yak/llamasoft is provided as freeware... btw :D

Wow. Excellent idea. WINE would probably run this, but I am on Windows XP right now. A good idea would be for it to show the emulators alphabetically (The systems they emulate I mean). Great app though ^_^

Back