GP2X Gp2x Emulator On Linux

pcklee123

Has anyone tried qemu-arm? It almost works as a gp2x emulator it can run some binaries compiled for gp2x (you have to copy the libraries to /usr/gnemul first) only problem is no screen, sound buttons etc but you can see the output from printf .... I guess it should be easy for a dev to add code to deal with screen etc.

I'm still designing a little proggy that'll emulate the gp2x at the hardware level (ie. it'll emulate the processor, screen, buttons, etc)

Squidge posted on Feb 17 2006 at 01:35 PM said:
I'm still designing a little proggy that'll emulate the gp2x at the hardware level (ie. it'll emulate the processor, screen, buttons, etc)

I'm wondering if I can't add a Linux-GP2X target to ooPo's script, to make sure you've got x86 libraries compiled the same way as your toolchain. While you can't test the hardware that way (which is where Squidge's proggy comes in), you can at least test libraries and whatnot.

So has ooPo's chain become the unofficial official toolchain yet? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Qemu-arm works quite well for cmd line programs. ive used it to help compile basiliskii. it may be usefull to compile native gcc too.

Back